Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP connection lost

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello everybody,

In a project we using a PI 7.1 and 1  year ago we implemented a series of interfaces (file <-> SAP) from and to FTP server.

About 1 month ago our partner changed FTP server and starting from this date we have some problems.

Randomly (after week-end or in the morning) the communication channels stop to pick up files from FTP folder (but files are present) and we have same problem when we try to write files.

We don't see any error in PI monitor or in Workbench monitor or in Communication Channel monitor. Everithing seem ok.

If we try to stop and start Communication channel nothing change. Only restarting the PI we fix the problem.

I notify there are some Lock in nwa monitor. When i delete these locks and restart the Communication channel so the Interface restart to work correctly, but as you understand I cannot suggest to my customer to di this procedure every morning.

Have you any clever suggestion?

thanks in advance

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Alessandro,

Have you tried to use the option Per File Transfer in the Connect mode?

Also, check this Note 1083488 - XI FTP/JDBC sender channel stop polling indefinitely(04/04S)

Regads.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Check the memory growth of cluster nodes (Jlaunch).

when this issue come, before restart CC, try to find the queue name from java node and allocate the max thread to that queue.

mention the ftp time out in the CC

Cheers

Hidayat

former_member745782
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok! thanks to everybody

tomorrow I'll try.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try increasing the the file adapter threads and also try to set the task timeout parameter.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3354112

Regards,

Naveen