Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF download issue after an upgrade

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I wrote a web dynpro with an upload funtionality for PDF documents.  It is stored on a on a table and when you click on the hyperlink of the document, it would open my document.  Since we upgraded, it opens with gibberish in it (it is unreadable).

I used the following document to create my code for the web dynpro before the upgrade:  http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Upload+and+Download+files+in+Webdynpro+ABAP

It work 100 percent before the upgrade.

We are on ECC6 and SAP Netweaver 7.01.

EHP 6. SP61

Can anyone please assist with this problem?

Regards
Debbie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternative to using the filedownload element, you can also use a link to action, and in the event handler attach the PDF to the response.

see topic: https://scn.sap.com/thread/2137285

cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response(

EXPORTING

i_filename       =  Attachment_name

i_content        = Attachment_data

i_mime_type =  Attachment_type ).

Maybe that fixes your problem, as you have more control over the data going in the attachment.

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am still stuggling to get this PDF displayed in a readable document.  After I uploaded it (when I debug), I can see that the File_Type is "application/pdf".

The file name also saves with .pdf at the end.

Could someone please try and assist me to display this document that I uploaded to a table in SAP?

The gibberish that is displayed,  start with %PDF-

Like I said before our upgrade, it worked perfectly.  I am not using MIME at all for this.

Please help me.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have used upload and download feature of WD then it will convert the PDF into XSTRING. now when you try to download the same then you might need to convert it back.

But if you are again using same DOWNLOAD feature of WD then it will automatically detect the XSTRING and converts it.

From the statement you have made it seems that conversion which WD performs during download is going wrong. You need to check on the Adobe services which are running on the system and also try to check the latest SAP note for your upgrade to support PDF files on EHP6.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debbie,

You can try  ACF implementation for WDA. Assuming you setup a whitelist, you should be able to automatically (and silently) download files to the PC. See the attached link for details. 

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2270

Hope it might helpful to you.

Thanks

Katrice

0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

Is this issue resolved, it would of great help if you can share any input on this issue.

Thanks,

Jay

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From which version did you upgrade?

Could probably be an encoding issue such as: Unicode, encoding page and so on...

Best regards,

Guillaume

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

We upgraded from EHP 3 to 6.

Please assist.

Regards
Debbie