cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE from java function, only in production environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

We made a complete interface that works OK in our development, and testing environments. When trying to execute it in Production, we receive a red flag in monitor with this info in the trace:

.....The message is: Exception:[com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect......

The scenario is File->XI->IDOC. In the graphical mapping, we use an advanced user definid function that uses JCO to call an RFC to map a value.

What should we try, to detect the origin of the problem?

What roles should have the R/3 user id, used to connect to R/3 via JCO ?

There are other interfaces working OK in Production environment, that use the same user id and password as we are, but it is set in the RFC RECEIVER comm. channels...does this mean that the user has appropiate permission to execute RFC via JCO from XI?

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias, Can you check the RFC destination of you IDOC adapter, may be this is the problem.

Regards

Omar Hernandez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omar !

I will check that right now. By the way, here is a more complete trace:

....com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Runtime exception during processing target field mapping /CREMAS04/IDOC. The message is: Exception:[com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Nombre o clave de acceso incorrectos (repetir entrada al sistema)] in class com.sap.xi.tf._MM_MA_xxxxxxxxxxxx_ method getLIFNR$[] at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.start(AMappingProgram.java:403) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.Transformer.start(Transformer.java:141) at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.execute(AMappingProgram......

Inside my getLIFNR function, is where I try/catch to open de JCO connection.

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I've checked, and all the IDOC receiver communication channels in the XI production server, use same RFC destination, as I do. All use same business system.....

any ideas?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Matias,

this is error because user and password has the problem.

to cross check do the following

can you try to login into Production using userid and password u defined in RFC .

then you will find the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram !

I've just tried to login via SAP Logon, and I receive:

"Please logon with a dialog user"...

Any ideas?

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

The people of security, says that my user has SAP_ALL. What else should I check? Could this not be enough?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you login with your userid and see the userid which u used in rfc is locked or not created in prod system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram !

Via SAP Logon at the prod system, it says that the userid does not belong to a dialog user...I know that the user is created, because it is used by other interfaces, not in the same way as I do (inside a java function in graphical mapping)...it is used in several RFC Receiver type of communication channels.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this is the production environment, and change cannot be done, but, using direct JCO calls in mapping is not recommened.Better way to deal with this is to use the RFC Lookup API ( with the Receievr RFC adapter ).

Also, one way to make sure what is happening is to add Trace Statements in your code. You can add trace.addWarning and print the exception message to understand why the error is happening. Again a Tip which I guess you cannot test directly on your Production box .

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matias,

I missed this earlier "The scenario is File->XI->IDOC" .

then where are u using RFC adapter . are you using Any RFC lookup inside your Mapping.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>does this mean that the user has appropiate permission to execute RFC via JCO from XI?

Exactly, Check it

Regards

Agasthuri Doss