cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh MBO data for display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created native offline application for android device. Its working fine for create and update data in offline scenario, but when I retrieved data for display then, it's not showing recently updated data until and unless its not call synchronization operation. Is there any way to display latest updated data without performing synchronization operation.

Regards

Nilesh P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nicola_balloni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

there is a way to do what you want. I can only reply you in java code for Android.

For exemple suppose you have an object XXXMBO, if you want to create a new instance of the object you can perform (this is java code):

XXXMBO.create(parameter);

and immediately after

XXXMBO.submitPending();

after that if you perform XXXMBO.findAll() you see nothing new??? Are you sure??

If you make attention you can see one more object then before but all the object field seem void.

On this object you have to perform:

(the new XXXMBO object).getCreateXXXMBO().get(0).getFIELDNAME();

Hope this help.

reagards,

Nicola.

0 Kudos

Synchronization must. Although, you need updated data in offline mode, then you schedule a background synchronization process for downloading latest records for each day or hour. then user always working with updated records.

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I suppose the questions I have here is why do you not want to synchronise before you show your data? is right, you won't see anything else on your device with a sync being initiated.

Cheers,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brenton,

I am thinking like, suppose user in offline mode. he updated some records, then he clicked on display all data in offline mode. so he wont able to see updated record, because we are not able perform any sync operation in offline mode.

so is there any way to display updated data.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before calling update, check whether device is online. If the device is offline save that record and once the user click on the display all record show a flag like "pending" only on that particular record which is changed. So the user will know the status of the record.

- Midhun VP

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to retrieve data without making a synchronization call. Without making a sync the data in the device DB will not be updated.

- Midhun VP