cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files from different FTP Servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to pick up files from different ftp servers in a single File sender communication channel ?

Please response .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agreed with the previous speakers, this is not possible with a single channel, so you need to choose e.g. one of the following:

1. Develop a BPM to look for data in several channels, or

2. Develop a UDF to read additional files on additional servers - sort of "File Lookup" in the mapping, or

3. Use sender JMS adapter for that purpose.

Personally, I would probably choose option #2, but lot depends on detailed requirements.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Will you please help me to solve the problem using JMS adapter as I have not used JMS server before.

Thanks,

Apu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think the JMS option is not the best, you will need an aplication server where to install a JMS provider like Apache ActiveMQ or SonicMQ. The second option that Gregs said below is the quicker solution and i would take that if i had your scenario..

To develop your own adapter is another solution but it can be tedious and not easy.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please help me to use the solution no 2 .

Where exactly I have to use the use the UDF .

Thanks

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

At first you could use the AXIS adapter in order to do the poll:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3350506

Later in the operation mapping you could do a java mapping or UDF in order to make the connections with the ftp servers. Check the next code to get your goal:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16371184/how-to-connect-multiple-ftp-servers-using-java

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki Vila,

Will you please discuss more elaborately as I am not getting any idea how to use this axis adapter for polling files from different ftp servers.

Regards,

Apu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

It's seem possible to pick the file from different FTP server from the single CC.

Under the source Tab of CC, you have the primary option of Source Directory ( under access parameter ). Below that there is CHECK Button for " Advanced Selection for Source File ". Check that option and you will find multiple place for source file.

Try this functionality .

Thanks

Santosh Khare

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh Khare,

The option you mentioned does not allow connecting to multiple FTP servers, it only allows to specify multiple directories/file names on the same server.

Regards,

Greg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

You could consider to develop an own adapter for that purpose.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/69/e1e6667710415a9c331ec2e0715561/content.htm

Regards.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Apu Das wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to pick up files from different ftp servers in a single File sender communication channel ?

Please response .

It is not possible with a single channel

Thanks,

Naveen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is it possible to pick up files from different ftp servers in a single File sender communication channel ?

no it's not possible

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk