cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml file for custom attribute mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SAP Portal 7.3 and its UME is configured to ABAP Data source. I enabled SAML2.0 support to allow SSO for users from Active Directory Federation service 2.0. I succeeded in SSO setup. Now users from ADFS can federate their accounts with SAP portal 7.3 . I created custom attributes to user profile in SAP UME to store some additional claims from ADFS. Now those custom attributes appear in user profile.

But the claims (employee id and UPN) received through SAML Authentication are not stored in the custom attributes I created. If I directly edit the values in the user profile I can able to store the values.

I also tried adding the custom attribute mapping in Data Source File Name: dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml. But I am not sure whether this is correct. So I need some clarification before modifying  dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml file for custom attribute mapping.

Do I need to map this custom attribute.Can you please suggest how can I do that?

Regards,

Eben Joyson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have solved the issue. Below is the solution

After adding custom attributes to ume, I

• Created a Metadata Property in CM Configuration
  • Added the Metadata Property in the Property Structure
  • Created the UME Attribute Mapping
  • Activated the UME Principals Mapping

Now its working. SAML Assertion based values are updated to the custom attributes added to ume.

Regards,

Eben Joyson

Former Member
0 Kudos

With ABAP UME your persistence is the database of the backend system. I'm sure there is no mapping between Java UME and ABAP UME for your custom attributes not to mention that they have to be stored in the database of the backend system. The first requirement is of course having read & write access to the ABAP UME.