cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCCMSR and Diagnostics Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While comparing sapccmsr agent and Diagnostics Agent, I came across below doubts.

1. SAPCCMSR agent sends data to Central monitoring system by RFC named sapccmsr.hostname.<nn>

Q : How Diagnostics Agent sends data to Central Monitoring system? by RFC , web service etc ?

2. In case of SAPCCMSR , we can see data sent by agent in central monitoring system by ST06 ---> selecting RFC sapccmsr.hostname.<nn>

in case of Diagnostics Agent, how can we see this data?

Regards,

Arpit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Diagnostics agent uses outside discovery (SAPOSCOL.exe and SAPHOSTCONTROL.exe) to collect the OSrelated information and send the information back to solution manager,

you can see all the collected data in technical monitoring workcenter, because data colllected by respective extractors by the extractor framework stored in BI.

refer here for understand data loading by smd agents. Monitoring Data Loading - SAP Documentation

you can view the number of records collected information details on extractor framework

and other helpful wiki to get the diffeerence between ccms alerts and MAI based smd agents alerts.

SAP Community Network Wiki - Technical Operations - SysMon FAQ 02

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To follow up with what posted.

The diag infrastructure is much different than the CCMS infrastrucutre.

To see all of your Diag agents you actually pull up a web page and can review online vs offline agents along which software versions of each agent.

That being said I can also tell you that after I set them up for my environment, I never review that web page unless there is an issue; I rely on Solution Manager to notify me if communications between itself and an agent is down or is degrading.  If I recall for CCMS it was just a down alert if the sapccms RFC stopped working.