Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. PO780 while sending the output of a report scheded in background to SAP inbox

former_member569532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are sending the output of report scheduled in background as a email to SAP inbox by using distribution list.We are getting the below message

Error sending data (2)(Message PO780).

I have checked SOST,SCOT ,SPOOL list,SM21,ST22 tcodes  and my distributed list for sending email is also not private.Kindly advice how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Anusha.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also facing the same issue. Could any one please help out us.

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try sending a message from SAP Inbox(SBWP) to the same distribution list and check if it is successful. There can be several reasons for this message, some of them are:

• Too many receivers in distribution list
  • Enqueue Error

you can check some of the exceptions that lead to this error in the exception list of FM "SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1".

Reagards

0 Kudos

Hi,

First test with single user with the function module 'RSPO_SPOOLJOB_TO_OFFICE' in SE37 by taking any existing Spool number from transaction SP01 along with other values passed to this FM in the program, see it sends successfully or returns any error.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I have executed the FM but I cannot see any mail in SBWP and SOST.

I have passed spool and my email ID  to this FM.

I am getting PO780 message (Error in sending data(6)).

Please advice how to solve this problem.

Rgds,

Anusha

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am getting Error sending data(2) .I have gone through SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 FM

exception 2 means document_not_sent .Please advice How to rectify this error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had the same problem. Check authorizations of background user that used for background job, especially objects S_OC_SEND, S_OC_DOC, S_OC_ROLE, S_OC_FOLCR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anu,

I know this post is from long back. But would you remember what the resolution was?

Regards,

Trishna

0 Kudos

If this is of any use to future references to this discussion, my issue was resolved.

The issue was due to the batch user ID not being able to access the private distribution list set up by another ID.

Resolution was to make the spool recipient list for the job execution as a shared distribution list from private distribution list.

Another resolution would be to create the private distribution list from the same batch ID.