cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Pricing Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

We have scenario where in customer retains payment till certain milestone is confirmed, and after confirmation that milestone we can bill our customer for that amount.

In this scenario we bill our customer as following

Basic - 100%

+ Duties - As applicable

---------------------------------

Sub Total

+ Taxes - As applicable

Total Bill Amount

- Down Payment (Advances)

- Retention Amount

Net Payable Amount

We are using SAP Standard scenario for Down Payment Request and Clearing. Which affect both General Ledger & Customer Ledger & It is working.

We have configured Pricing Condition for Retention amount as negative value. But in this I can not affect to my Customer Leger I can only affect General Ledger.

Request to forum to suggest me solution so that I can configure Pricing condition which affect both General Ledger & Customer Ledger.

Best Regards,

Vishal Kadia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Final Invoice would post retention amount to GL accounts. So explore the milestone billing only.

Regards;

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

You mean to say I have to select the Billing Rule

3Closing invoice in milestone billing

And it will post the retention amounts to GL Account.

Please confirm.

Best Regards,

Vishal

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In your calculation you are already deducting retain amount from net value then where you want it to post. What do you mean by customer ledger. If you have assigned acount key with this condition then it must be posting to some GL and for customer it is already deducted from net value.

Why don't you use SAP standard milestone functionality for this. It looks like that it can be controlled with milestone billing. HAve you explored that before suggesting this solution to client?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moazzam

First of all thanks for your reply.

I our case business team wants what is the retention amount that is still to be recovered from the customer which is not claimed. for that we have configured one pricing condition retention not due. It should affect both the Customer Ledger as well as the General Ledger like SAP standard pricing condition for Advance payment.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Vishal

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First point is that you are talking about posting of payment with some special indicator like advance cash then this is not possible through SD invoice. With SD invoice you can't hit the customer ledger like that but you should discuss this with your FI guy too as may be he can give you some other suggestion.

Secondly I will again insist you to explore the Milestone billing as this can be done in milestone billing. Why didnt you reply this part of my post

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How I can achieve this with milestones.

Please assist.

Best Regards,

Vishal Kadia

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do some study and R&D at your end on Milestone billing. There are hundreds of documents and threads available on this.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the account key assigned to this new Pricing Cond type in the Pricing procedure. And see if that account key has been configured to determine both Customer and General GL accounts in VKOA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gobinath,

Thanks for your reply.

Please suggest in VKOA where I have to check

1Cust.Grp/MaterialGrp/AcctKey
2Cust.Grp/Account Key
3Material Grp/Acct Key
4General
5Acct Key

Please suggest