cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while executing RUNINSTALLER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of Oracle 8.1.7 to 9i upgrade. I got the following error message in OUI window.

in Oracle Universal Installer window we got popup message "Oracle Enterprise Edition cannot be installed into an existing 8.1.3 - 9.0.0 ORACLE_HOME"

Any clue ? please tell me to solve this issue

Thanks in advance

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on OSS Notes#601965, 540021. I understood that we should need OUI 2.2.0.18 for Oracle 9i upgrade and to apply patch sets.

We are at 2.2.0.12 (Oracle 8.1.7), does this is the problem? Right now we are getting error "

Oracle Enterprise eddition cannot be installed into an existing 8.1.3 - 9.0.0 ORACLE_HOME."

on Oracle Universal Installer scrren. Pleasesuggest me to solve my issue.

Regards

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your version IS 8.1.7, you can directly upgrade your database to Oracle 9.2.

You must install the new 9.2 release in a new Oracle home that is separate from the old release.

regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod, it is solved now. We are about to apply latest patch 9.2.0.7 and there are two links for Oracle 9.2..0.7 64 bit - Client, Oracle 9.2.0.7 64 bit

I downloaded both of them (HP-UX 11.11 64 bit). I just like to know the purpose of Oracle 9.2.0.7 64 - Client. Can you please tell me

Regards

Srinivas

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will need the ORacle client if you want to use application servers. they will use this client to connect to ORacle DB.

if all is standalone system, you do not need it.