cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent page break within tablesection

0 Kudos

Hello,

In short: How can I prevent page breaks within tablesections?

My table consists of a header line, a tablesection containing 3 data lines, and a footer line.

The hierarchy looks like this:

• table
    • header
    • section
      • data1
      • data2
      • data3
    • footer

My problem is, that page breaks need to be allowed for the table, but I do not want to allow them for the section (= all data lines have to stay together).

As a matter of fact, tablesections do not have the "Allow page breaks within content"-checkbox, which tables and rows have (in pallette Object->Table/Section/Row). And I did not find any corresponding option in the editor yet.

(FYI: I am running on NW7.0 EhP1 and LifeCylce Designer 9.0)

I would appreciate tips on this issue, as googling did not return any results as of now either...

Kind Regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I guess you created the table using the standard.

Do you want to try the method to create table using subform, and for "Bodyrow" subform, please enable "Allow Page Breaks within Content" under object palettes > subform tab

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Table/page3.htm

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li

0 Kudos

Hello Xiang,

thank you very much for the advice!

But to be honest:
I would rather not recreate the table without any automatic conversion, as this would take quite some time - which is in short supply, as always.

Is this really the only way to prevent those page breaks?

Ain't there any other way, even if it means adding code in the XML-code of the table section?

Regards,

Robert

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am thinking about solving this using "conditional breaks" on tablesection-level.

My intention is to check if any of the rows of one section are on different pages and insert a break in that case. Does anybody have an oppinion on this?

Also I would be interested in ideas on/examples of the script code, as I am not yet that much into it yet.

Regards,

Robert

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I guess, Conditional break doesn't work that way.  If during condition, say line item change or order change, it will start in a new page.  But we cannot check, if content of our section is in next page.   I guess, best way would be as Xiang suggested to create table using subforms, this would give you more flexibility to display data.

Thanks,

Rakesh

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I tried creating a Table, and it did allowed me to use 'Allow Page break within Content' check box.  Could you please check the subform that you are using to wrap the table and see its properties once.

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

thanks for your reply, but as I already said: The table itself has page breaks allowed (and has to stay that way), but it is the tablesection that does not have the checkbox:

Kind Regards,

Robert