Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Socket Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

In one of my File to File Scenario I am using FTP to connect remote server,from

input directory XI picks up the file and in the message log it is showing that connected to FTP server and keep the file successfully,after that it is showing th following error in Message monitor log:

<b>

Success : Transfer: "BIN" mode, size 42 bytes, character encoding utf-8

Error : Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Error : Exception caught by adapter framework: ftp access error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Error : Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: ftp access error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset.

</b>

Can any body suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

swabap,

can you change the file type to "TEXT" in file adapter rather BIN . if it is BIN you cant use UTF-8.

Success : Transfer: "BIN" mode, size 42 bytes, character encoding utf-8

regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is due to network connection issue.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this happening every time ...for every poll ?the reason i am asking this is to make sure that it was not a temporary FTP connectivity isssue that caused this excpetion...

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

No its not happening every time,some times its working fine,sometimes it is giving these kind of error

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case i would think that it is more of a connectivity/network issue and it may not have much to do with XI ...what did your network admin/system admin say on this issue ?

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

Can any body tell me how to debug in XI the whole process so that I can get the clue where it is going wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you try to use filezilla server to mount your own ftp server to debug the connection?

It's a nice program and very easy to use.

Thanks,

Daniel Torres