cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while doing Mass update in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to achieve Mass update using ModifyRecordsCommand.

While doing this, i got a failure Message as : "One or more destination records has an invalid change stamp"

Can any one help me understanding this error?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi

The problem is because maybe you are trying to update using a new record with RecordFactory.createEmptyRecord and trying to pass the updated values using the recordid.

The better way to do is get the record to update, then update the needed values using it and after add to the records array and execute the  modifyRecordsCommand, it will fix the problem.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Your idea worked for us. Thanks a lot for the Great Support !!

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

It is the basic functionality that happens when you import records into MDM. While doing the import in Import Manager you will have to select the appropriate Import Action to make the update for the already existing Unique Fields, which you will be able to see under the Match Records tab of Import Manager.

1.Select the Source and Destination items in the respective panes.

2.Under Map Field/Values do appropriate Field mapping and then value mapping.

3.Do value matching under Match Records and select the Import action under Default Import Actions tab.

4.Execute Import.

If the records are already existing and you are doing an update for them, please select Update(All mapped fields) under the import action. This will update those records.

Thanks,
Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Actual requirement is to Create multiple records and if any record exists w.r.t to Unique Constraint field, i want to update those records in the same flow.

Please help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

This is easy to achieve using automated or manual import.

You have to understand which is unique key and match on that.

Select Import action as Update Mapped or Update Null or replace as per your requirement.

For further details please refer to Import Manager reference guide.

Thanks,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't want to perform this functionality from MDM side (Import Manager).

I want to achieve this functionality using MDM Java API using CreateRecordsCommand and ModifyRecordsCommand.

After Searching, If record exists I want to do Update or else Create.

User gonna upload an excel from Portal side and achieve Create/Update functionality. User won't be having MDM Access.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I am with Mir on this.It is an data error where value being set is not of right format.

Please review and correct the data.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir & Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually i am doing a POC on Mass update of records. In that process, i got that error.

I want to confirm whether Mass Update is possible in MDM 7.1 and it will be helpful if anyone of you share the method to achieve Mass Updation functionalities using ModifyRecordsCommand.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

This is could be because of Invalid timestamp entry in one/more records that are being imported.

The format DDMMYYYY or MMDDYYYY could be incorrect in any of the records.

Please check and let us know.

Regards,

Ali