cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No translation for salutation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don´t have a translation of the salutation in my Idm UI, only a number 0002.

We use SAP IdM 7.2 SP 7.

In the first step, I edited the attribute MX_SALUTATION and wrote in the tab “Presentation” in the point “Presentation” ObjectValueHelp and in the tab “Attribute values” in the point Value help mxi_AttrValueHelp and MX_SALUTATION. The point “Language dependent” is active.

I started an inital load for the help values and saw in in my database

select * from mxmc_oper.mxi_AttrValueHelpwhere VALIDlike'%SALU%';

MX_SALUTATION 0001     EN       Ms.

MX_SALUTATION 0002     EN       Mr.

I restarted my system and looked in the UI field "TITLE" was the value 0002.

I have the same issue with the attribute MX_NAME_PREFIX_1 and MX_ACADEMIC_TITLE_1 but with the difference that after the inital load, I can't find an entry in my database for this attributes.

Do you have any idea how this could have happened ?

Best regards,

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tietjen Hans-Hermann wrote:

In the first step, I edited the attribute MX_SALUTATION and wrote in the tab “Presentation” in the point “Presentation” ObjectValueHelp and in the tab “Attribute values” in the point Value help mxi_AttrValueHelp and MX_SALUTATION. The point “Language dependent” is active.

ObjectValueHelp will display the code in the UI, if you set the presentation to SingleSelect the value help will display the texts in drop down box but store the code. If you're not using SAP HCM just ignore what I said about the two attributes etc. If you get more titles than the two in the value help you may want to insert them into the value help table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank, now I see the right title.

I have also a issue with the attribute MX_NAME_PREFIX_1 and MX_ACADEMIC_TITLE_1:

After the inital load, I can't find an entry in my database for this attributes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(Just worked on the salutations on Sp7 but did join the project when it was ongoing so I am not 100% sure how the salutations appear out of the box.. and if the salutation attributes between HCM-import and initial loads are same/in sync as the system has been through few patches.)

As HCM sends both salutation code (P0002-ANDRED) and salutation text (P0002-TEXT_P0002_ANRED), IdM has two attributes MX_SALUTATION and MX_FS_SALUTATION_ID.

The value help looks like being built for the MX_FS_SALUTATION_ID as it has numerical keys that get stored and text displayed, why it's named MX_SALUTATION not MX_FS_SALUTATION_ID is bit puzzling.

Are you going to use HCM as your primary source of users? In that case you probably don't want to store the numeric salutation key to your MX_SALUTATION field in the initial load. You would end up with a mess having both codes and texts in the attribute.

You would need to decide which one of the salutation attributes gets displayed and make sure your value help has all possible values that all of your system might feed into it and then consistently use the attribute. Maintaining both gets bit tricky as if the fields are editable in UI, you would have to write a workflow (event task or scripting in the next step after the UI task) that changes the MX_SALUTATION when MX_FS_SALUTATION_ID changes or vice versa.

It's possible to maintain the value help by yourself, what I've done is to create an IdM job with toDatabase pass that does SQL updating and just inserts new rows to value help.

There are new scripts in the value help handling that validate the data when data gets written to Id Store. One un-necessary surprise was that while you can specify the default language in the HCM-job constants, the passed language gets turned into uppercase in the product script but the language column data in the value help table is in lowercase and had case-sensitive Oracle..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you explain me your last sentence? We don't use the HCM, I get my data from a external system.  Because of that, I use the MX_SALUTATION attribute, because it is use in the SAP default template.

So I made the inital load and see the value "EN" for the language in the oracle database.

But, if I change the value to en, nothing is happens.