Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plant wise/ Business area restriction on FBL3n and FBL5N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have to restrict fbl3n/fbl5n, tcode, fico, at business area wise ?

I

restricted the auth object...F_BKPF_GSB, even tough it is not restricting through plant / business area.. in our case, business area and plant are same.

Please share your valuable inputs, Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Praneeth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It only works if you RTFM, but even then you are better off with plant, sales org and company code as they are used more consistently by more object which are the first line of defense.

Cheers,

Julius

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

It only works if you RTFM, but even then you are better off with plant, sales org and company code as they are used more consistently by more object which are the first line of defense.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

In our case, we have only one Sales Organization and company code, So I cant restrict SO and CC.

Business Area and Plant are same.... I have only one option is Bus Area...As I said earlier, I restricted

the F_BKPF_GSB, auth object, even though it is not restricting. End user can able to access other plant data...

Could you please guide me...Can we restrict through Roles or we need to make bus area field has mandatory or any options?

Regards,

Praneeth

0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

I guess its not possible as per your requirement.

Just a small thought/explore about your query. Think about G/L account wise restriction like maintaining authorization groups against each G/L and try FBL3N report.

FS00 (give any G/L code and company code) -->Control Data-->Authorization Group.

Else you may have to try for customized transaction like ZFBL3N by making Plant as a mandatory field.

Rgds,

Durga.

0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

FBL5N works fine with auth. object F_BKPF_GSB.

Of course a doc. without Business Area will not be restricted, checked against authorization. Maybe you have to make it obligatory during doc. entry.

I suggest you go through and check yr role containing F_BKPF_GSB.

Activate system trace to see the author. object check.

Check also with Tcode S_BCE_6800142  to see a specific user, and for F_BKPF_GSB authorizaiton object (value XXXX activity 03) which role gives access (where XXXX should be the Bus. Area that the user should not have).

Good luck.

BR

Elly

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue has been solved.

From FI perspective, the IMG authorization is unchecked and we checked the box.

Later by this authorization object F_BKPF_GSB, we restricted the tcode.

Thanks you all for your inputs.

Regards,

Praneeth 

0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Can you elaborate , how to check IMG authorization uncheked or not. Plz provide us Navigation for the same. We are facing same while using FBL1N tcode

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

IN SPRO follow the path

SPRO-->SAP Refrence IMG-->Financial Accounting-->Financial accounting global settings-->business area-->check display auth for BA--> check in BA box, later restrict through authorization object F_BKPF_GSB in PFCG.Your issue will be solved.

<evil_words_removed_by_moderator>

Regards,

Praneeth

Message was edited by: Julius von dem Bussche

0 Kudos

Hi,

please don't ask for reward. Especially, on the forum that is patrolled by Julius. He has a really strong allergic reaction to points system ;-). And trust me, when you are helpful to your peers then recognition will come without asking.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Apologize, It is my first and last time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Praneeth