cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Table display in Adobe Form of Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I'm trying to display a table in Adobe Print Form (not interactive). The table is bound to the context node in the Web Dynpro ABAP where the cardinality is 0:N. I get a short dump. Don't know what to do here. I'm able to display individual fields from my context successfully. Looks like something is missing when I try to display a table. Any pointers to display a data table in Adobe? Any step by step example you know of where I can find out what I did wrong? Many thanks for your time

We are on support pack SP06 on 2004S release.

DUMP INFORMATION:

Short text

Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

What happened?

Error in the ABAP Application Program The current ABAP program "CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES==========CP" had to be terminated because it has come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL', was not caught in procedure "CREATE_PDF" "(METHOD)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING clause.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas. Note 1034425 is not released yet. Can you ask one of your colleagues in SAP to please release this. Much appreciated.

Regards

Sanjay

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I did the correction this afternoon. It's currently in testing. Should be released somewhen tomorrow.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. I'll start a customer message if there are any further questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

plsease check if you are getting the error, when the cardinality is made to 1:N.

Rgds,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I'm opening up this thread again. Please look at the last post on this thread for details. The note cannot be applied because the Validity seems to be incorrect as all the prerequisites are already in the system.

Has anyone tried displaying a table in Adobe print form using Web dynpro ABAP?

Did anyone get the same shortdump and how was this resolved?

Much Appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We upgraded our system(2004S) to SP10 so that we can use the ADOBE form printing in Web Dynpro ABAP but could not apply note 1034425 because of the validity constraints in SNOTE. All the pre-requisite notes are already in the system apart from one note 1029721 which talks about supporting input helps. We don't want to use input helps in our system and cannot upgrade to SP11 because of problems with Business functionality.

Questions:

1) Is note 1034425 absolutely dependent on 1029721?

2) If NOT, can someone please correct the validity so that we can implement using SNOTE.

3) Would it be OK if we manually apply the changes specified in 1034425 without implementing 1029721?

4) If all of the above is not applicable, is there any other note which fixes the above mentioned short dump.

Your help in this matter will greatly help us in using the ADOBE services provided by SAP WDA.

Thanks much

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Let me quickly answer your questions:

1) unfortunately, yes

2) s.a.

3) if you leave out the *ZCI and *ACF class, you might be able to apply it to the *IFRAME one only (which will solve your problem). Of course, you will not be able to apply notes dependent on 1034425 onward automatically using snote

4) there's only one note per problem

Best regards,

Thomas

P.S: Please be aware that the SDN forum is not a support channel. It's ok for this general question. For specific question, which perhaps need to be routed to other teams with SAP, please create an oss ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. I marked the question as solved. I'll get the note applied in next couple of days.

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

It's fixed with note 1034425.

Best regards,

Thomas