Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Communication Channel error... Functionality Status remains in Green

siddhardha_dnk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing some typical / strange issues with JDBC Sender Communication Channels in PI 7.3.

1. As per my knowledge, if there is any error rises in processing, the functionality should turn to Red. But here, it remains in Green.

2. And if the communication channel is automatically stopped, "Start" button should be enabled and "Stop" button should be disabled.

But here "Start" is disabled and "Stop" is enabled.

3. What ever the error is, Channel is not going for second retry. It is retrying only once and further there is no process at all.

As a result, There are lots of messages which are not getting picked by channel, which is a huge loss in business.

For this issue, the temporary solution is to restart the channel using "Stop" and "Start" buttons and the solution is working for the time being.

But for this, we need to keep on monitoring all the JDBC sender channels. As we have requirement to create some more communication channels, it is not possible to check to each and every channel as it remains in Green. If there is no monitoring going on (in holidays), its like hell.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Warm Regards,

DNK Siddhardha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siddhardha_dnk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish and Baskar,

Thanks your reply.

The suggestions what you provided are for Receiver channel. But I am facing this issue with Sender JDBC Channel. Please adhere and Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Warm Regards,

DNK Siddhardha.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just noticed that my response on your 3rd point was for sender adapter. please ignore that.

Rest of the 2 points should apply to Sender JDBC adapter.

adapter shows an error but will remain in green because this is not a connection issue but an application error.

One of your screenshots suggests there are locking issues at database side.

For the locking issues, please check with DB admin whether the table is being accessed/updated by some other application or job apart from PI.

Also share the poll interval of your adapter.

Put Transaction isolation level to Serializable in adapter.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My same suggestions will also apply for the sender adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your second error message (screenshot)is very clear. It shows deadlock error state. That means when the server is trying to update the status flag, some other application/user is accessing that table record and holds it forever. Please check with dba and see what causing this this issue.  Also, you can try following after discussing with dba

a) Check autocommit is enabled or not. You can set autocommit enabled in the reciever adapter or at the db side.

b) Please check the transaction isolation level.(You can go for strongest setting) to avoid lock issues. But you will see some impact on performance.

c) Also  you can increase concurrency values to 5 or more to avoid waiting for multiple messages in queue

Please refer SCN for the similar issue and help link for setting the channel

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/465581929734d9e10000000a42189d/content.htm

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<1. As per my knowledge, if there is any error rises in processing, the functionality should turn to Red. But here, it remains in Green.>

Sometimes the adapter shows error logs due to the target system not available and then the connectivity is re-established and adapter remains in green. Check with DB team if they have had outages. Your error log shows that connection calls are timed out possibly due to database being down.

<2. And if the communication channel is automatically stopped, "Start" button should be enabled and "Stop" button should be disabled.

But here "Start" is disabled and "Stop" is enabled.>

This is normal behavior. You need to stop and restart the channel if it is stopped.

Are you using ATP (availability time planning) in your channels. If not, Automatically has no meaning.

< 3. What ever the error is, Channel is not going for second retry. It is retrying only once and further there is no process at all.>

Retry can be manipulated at RWB, comm channel monitoring -> Choose the particular adapter-> settings-> Maximum number say 3 and choose overwrite.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish