cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to pull the sample HR Sample database tables from Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to configure VDS for IDM 7.2 with SQL 2008.When we are configuring data-sources as sample HR table given in the db schema MXMC_DB.

For this we deployed latest JDBC driver i.e JDBC 4.0 for SQL 2008.But when we are trying to map the database sample table as data source we are not able to connect to db schema it just says "Trying to Connect"  As shown below in the screenshots.

Regards

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

if you are following the standard tutorial on accessing the HR_Sample table then the Scope field should have the value HR_Sample (see page 11 step 9) if all the steps are followed. The scope field is generally numeric as already indicated for other scenarios such as accessing the IdM Identity Store or the HCM staging area but not in this case.

Link to the tutorial http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40aa3c1a-a2da-2d10-82b5-9f1bfa541...

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

This issue is resolved now.We deleted all the classpath and just put the correct classpath and it worked.Thanks all for your inputs.

Regards

Pradeep

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please post a print screen of your Identity Store to ensure the scope you entered is correct.

Further what JVM version are you using and which template did you used when creating the configuration?

If you don't get the table's from "Get database" it doesn't mean you could not retrieve the data in you IdM job as the two configuration may differ based on versions, etc..

Regards,

Ridouan

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There have been some known issues with doing a get database from the Identity Store, but you should be able to do this with no problem if you are limiting the virtualization to the HR_SAMPLE table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan

I have provided the Scope  number as per Matt & Simona suggestion as above.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

But still it is giving the same issue don't know how to resolve this issue now 😞

Please provide your inputs on the same.

Regards

Pradeep

ivan_petrov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As far as I can see in your DB connection you are using short host name: GYANMDM

It is possible for different kind of reasons that short name won't work and you need to use the full host name.

Try it and if still doesn't help, you can also try with IP address instead. These are strictly network specific settings.

Hope this will help.

Best regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan

I tried all the options suggested by you but still it doesn't help 😞

Regards

Pradeep

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

The more I think about it:

1. You're accessing the HR_SAMPLE table (or SAMPLE_HR) I can never keep them straight. So Scope is not needed. While this table is in the mxmc_db (Identity store database) it is not part of the Identity Store itself.

2. I think you're having a database connectivity issue.  Can you ping the database server?  Did you try replacing the server name with the IP address?

3. I know the configuration I sent you works.  Try updating the JCBC url again based on the above and try again. 

4. Where are you located? Maybe we can arrange a WebEx or something to get you going.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

From your first screenshot I can see that you are not set up the score(identity store ID) you are using for the connection. You can check you Identity store ID from the IdM console(in IS stagin area - general tab). After you have set that, check all yoursettings again and try the connection.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

Can you please guide me to find the IS staging area and the final Identity Store ID.Also I am trying to use sample HR tables available in Database schema  as my data source.So I was wondering also for sample tables is there any staging area?

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In the IdM console you have Identity stores and there you should fined Identity store(Staging area), after you have selected this IS in tab - general you will be able to see the ID of the IS. By default you have Identity Store ->1/Enterprise People(with ID 1), so you should fined your staging area ID there.

As for the Staging Area, this is the Identity store used for attribute mapping between the HR and IdM. Can you give more information about you scenario, because my understanding is that you have HR system and to make the connection with IdM you are using VDS.

BR,

Simona.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

As of now we are creating a demo system for the client presentation so as per SAP's tutorial we are trying to use the HR Sample table which comes automatically in the Database Schema post installation which is called HR Sample table .We don't have any HR system as of now .So we are trying to use this HR sample Table as our datasource. But when we try to pull this table from DB Schema we are unable to and it says"Trying to Connect"

So I was wondering how to resole this .Therefore asked you do I really require to set Staging for this sample table as in the tutorial it dint showed.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

In that case, make sure scope is set to 1. Also make sure that you can ping the SQL Server instance and that there are no firewalls blocking port 1433.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

I will try that.But it would be good if you can explain the concept of this scope in details and in future for real systems what needs to be done

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As Matt said, in this case you should use your default IS 1/Enterprise People(with id 1) and set the scope to 1.  After you have checked the settings make sure that you have remove and install the service again.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

I tried putting it as 1 but still the same issue persists.Please help me in this regard.

Also I am not sure what you were pointing  about the removing and installing the service.

Pleas guide me on the same.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simona brings up a good point that I did not cover.

Upon making changes make sure you are updating the configuration, either through the update button or by stopping and starting the service.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

After you have update the settings, please try this:

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt/Simona

I tried doing whatever mentioned by you guys but still the same issue.Whenever I click on the button "Get the Database"  at the bottom it still shows  "Trying to Connect.." message.

Please help me to resolve this issue as I am stuck now and can't proceed further.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please ensure that you enter the details correctly for the Database connection.

Please enter the Scope number for the HCM (if you are planning HCM integration)

Also enter sqljdbc4.jar file in Classpath:

Let me know how you go. Thanks.

KV

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep.

This usually means that you have not set one of the parameters correctly.  Please check again against the instructions you were given (assume you're looking from a tutorial) and try again.

Also try using sqljdbc4.jar.

Otherwise, please post your configuration.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

I've set this up as a simple VDS configuration to set this up.  DM me if you want me to send this to you.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

We tried using the sqljdbc4.jar file but still it does not work.Please send us your configurations for us to cross check.Also let us know what all our configurations screenshot you need from our end and I will send the same.

I am attaching few of them as per my understanding.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

I extracted your file and tried using it but still the same issue.As the classpath is still the one we have  put there.

Please help me in resolving the issue.

Or Guide me how to resolve this issue using your file.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

Please share with us your JDBC connection string.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

Please find the string as given below:

jdbc:sqlserver://GYANMDM:1433;databasename=mxmc_db;user=mxmc_rt;password={DES3CBC}1:471390ed31213eb0-c1fba6f8edb848198643f98991ab183d;

Regards

Pradeep