Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter - PS

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts (Tushar / Gokul / Ankur / Sanjeev / Sudhakar

I would like to work on Report Painter - PS - customer projects (external financed projects).

Kindly let me know whether Report Painter is useful for Project System or not, because I have been searching and using SAP Help documentation but I am noticing that the Report Painter is mainly used for FI-SL.  And also i have searched forums, I dont find any one worked on Report Painter for PS.

Please advise

Thanks/srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srihari,

Report painter is indeed useful for PS and is extensively used in PS as and when required. A small example from one of my past projects,

We had a requirement from the customer that the hierarchy reports in PS should be displayed in the Company code currency, which in our case was EUR. The controlling area currency was GBP. In standard SAP hierarchy reports are always displayed in CoAr currency. Although you can manually change the currency in the report itself customer did not want any manual intervention i.e. once the tcode is executed report should be directly displayed in company code currency. We used report painter to achieve this. We copied the standard from and report and just changed the currency to EUR, ofcourse with proper exchange rates defined.

All in all i would say that it is useful and can be used for PS. Requirements for FI-Sl would be more than that for PS, hence you see that it is being used extensively there.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Gokul, it is really good input, which makes to work & explore Report Painter for PS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srihari E,

Yes, Report painter is widely used in PS.

For example,  Cost element reports display costs by cost element.

Here, you can use report painter to create cost element reports.

In cost/revenue planning,planning layouts are used to plan costs, revenues,payments, and statistical key figures. Here you can use the Report painter to create the layouts and can assign them to planner profiles.

Regards

Tushar

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Tushar, kindly advise me to process flow for achieving the said example by me.

I mean to start with GRR1 or GR21 ?

I would like to explore report painter for ps with easiest /simple report creation so that I will understand better, as I am new to report painter.

Thank you once again/regards/srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Explore the tcodes CJE0 to CJE6. Forget GRR1 and GR21 for the time being.

If am not wrong there are some good posts in the WIKI section on how to go about using report painter. Its easy most of the times. Once you get a hold of it things will become easier.

All the best.

Regards,

Gokul