cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to align a Select-Options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help!

I've got a problem with a Select-Options. I want to align it with other fields. I tried a lot of thing a can not do it.

See the image attached.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

This is not possible directly.

If you want change layout of select option as per you requirement then we can two ways

1. create enhancement for standard component wdr_select_options and use as a component usage in your component.

2. create manually one by one with ui elements like lable,input fields...

thanks & regards,

Kishorekumar SVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Try to increase the width of the label as required.So that all the fields are in sink with each other in alignment.

Thanks

KH

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

from the screenshot it seems that you put your select option into another Trasparent Container, different from the one above (which contains the other shown fields.

Actually, position of the InputFields in your screenshot is determined by the longest label of the group (D.Trans. predefinida), so Fecha Contable is not in the same group.

Hope it helps,

regards,

Matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

What you say is not possible, it doesn't work. I need to have some space between the label of the select-option (Fecha contable) and the fields and I think that is not possible, is it?

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please paste a screenshot of your layout (from SE80), to better understand the task?

Don't undestand why you say that my solution is not feasible.

Consider that in layout you will probably have a MatrixLayout with couple

label (matrixHeadData)

inputfield (matrixData)

label (matrixHeadData)

inputfield (matrixData)

and so on.

If your selOpt is added directly in the same container as the above fields, then it should adopt the same alignment of the other field (which, once again, seems to be determined by the longest label of the group).

If this doesn't work there should be another constraint. For example, maybe the container in which you're adding your selOpt is itselft a 50% split of the screen and the selOpt "overflows" the available (fixed) space..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

This is what I've difined in my webdynpro. If I move the Select-Options into the same transparent container the input fields will move to the right because the Select-Options is a whole block into a ViewContainerElement and its date input fields will not allign with the others.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I see, the problem is clearer now.

And sadly, I have no immediate solution for your task but maybe, a workaround:

Do you really need a select option (which I suppose you build over WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS component usage) ?

I noticed that the standard WD in SRM 7.0 (i.e., in the header details for a contract or Purchase order and so on) uses a different approach, that is the sequence:

Label -> inputField(date) -> '-' separator -> inputField(date)

It looks like this: (valid from/to)

and uses no WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS component. Of course, it might be a solution or not, it depends on your specific scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Matteo,

I thought about that possibilty before but I need a Select-Options. I think is not possible what I'm trying to do so eventually I'm sure I will have to change it for a label and two imput fields.

I think I'm starting to hate Select-Options!!...jejejeje.

Thanks for you help!

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome David...

...anyway, if you don't need any specifc feature offered by WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS I think you can seamlessy switch to the label - couple of input fields and obtain an equivalent behaviour.

Keep up with the good work

Matteo

nagarjun_kalletla
Participant
0 Kudos

No Solution I guess . But you can Adjust your View_container. Just give a try .