cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find when was my portal down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using Netweaver Dual Stack System. Two days ago, Restarted the Server. At that time, Server was started without any issue. But Today i found that Portal is not running, How ever ABAP Stack is Running. I don't know What was happened to JAVA Stack. To Resolve the issue, We have bounced the Entire Server (ABAP+JAVA) and now it is running fine. My doubts are

1. How to find when was portal down. i have seen "available.log" but it is showing correctly, based on that file i couldn't get my answer. Is there any file to know " when was the last time portal is available or not available ".

2. We got an error "Can't attach to administration shared memory (rc = 3) " .To resolve this issue, we have restarted the both server. Is it mandatory to restart both stacks to resolve this issue. if yes, Please specify the reason. Because we want to avoid to down the ABAP Stack.(ABAP was running at that time)

Waiting your valuable Suggestions,

Regards

Santosh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the engine went down it will be traced in the std_server<n>.out or in the jcontrol file (as of 710 this is dev_jstart) you can find in your "work" folder which is located at \usr\sap\<SID>\<central instance>\work

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

For Java stack you can check the default trace log file.

Path should be : usr/sap/syst number(xxx)/j2ee/admin/server0/log

Regards,

Niladri

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the trace files in the work directory.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Can you specify exact files which i have to see, bcoz in Work directory , there are no of files.

Thanks for respond

Regards
Santosh K