Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Change Request UI Beautification

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fellow Members,

I have a wishfull thinking where I want to "Simplify" Change Request screen in 7.1. The typical screen where we enter additional data would look like below;

Somewhat I am missing 7.0  Change Request GUI screen with all the Tabs . So I wondering how do I convert this look to something like below where all these are arranged in a Tab format.

So how do I do this without having to hire a CRM Consultant or writing pages of Codes? 

Regards,

Vivek Hegde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hannes_Kerber
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the solution to your question is called "Tile Layout". This is just another display mode for any UI configuration.

The assignment blocks will appear as tabs - so like the 7.0 GUI Look and Feel and it can even be structured much easier. It is only customizing and no development is involved.

When you are in the WebUi start the configuration tool, but use the configuration of page. There is a little button called "Switch to Tile Layout". All available assignment blocks can now be arranged as tabs.

To enable this button you have to register your overview pages in customizing first:

SPRO -> CRM -> UI Framework Definition -> Register Overview Pages for Tile Layout

The Tile Layouts can have also different structures like multiple rows or column or you arrange in a T-Shape. Just play around. You can define your own tile layouts via IMG

SPRO -> CRM -> UI Framework Definition -> Fact Sheet -> Maintain Fact Sheet -> Layouts in this activity.

Details described:http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4100

Best Regards,

Hannes

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank You Very Much Hannes. Appreciate it. This was exactly what I was looking for. Now I am able to redesign the Change Request UI to 'Lean' look. I would publish a blog here based on the content of the Document you have given, to help all the 'first timers' like me to undestand the configuration. This would help all the solman people out here to redesign Chage Request, Normal Change etc UI.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as of my knowledge can be acheived by some CRM UI customisation tools like, EEWB, AET. or regurlar web ui configuration tool like BSP WD workbench,

SAP Community Network Wiki - CRM - How To Enhance a Web UI Component in SAP CRM

SAP Community Network Wiki - CRM - How to Guide - Enhancing the UI in CRM 7.0

some time before we explored these for making fields manditory, for sap note 1353553.

later didnt look much.

Please check out.

Regards

Jansi

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks. I tried with UI Configuration tool, it is pretty simple for tasks involving modification of existing fields etc. However these tools do not have options to customize the 'look&feel' of UI.

I will catch hold of CRM UI Developer and get this done since this looks like out of scope for normal 'solman guy'

I will share my experiences here once I achieve this.

Regards,

Vivek

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

the task you want to achieve require use of AET which is new method replacing EEWB ...Earlier EEWB was used by developers so SAP has come up with much easier method of AET to create new fields etc. easily

But what you want to achieve is difficult and it is better if you accept the new look and feel otherwise you have to do it for all transaction types etc. and i don't understand the point of doing this

this is the new design adapted for the new things pouring in solman 7.1 and that is why SAP has taken so much of effort to re-design it. why to change it.? If you don't want a block you can easily hide the assignment block by customizing directly.

you can't achieve this easily via your above option which is available in standard by default

Anyway if it is a client req you have to do it but i dont recommend such big changes in the design

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for sharing your views.

Exactly, it is a client requirment. They are so adjusted to 7.0 look and feel that they want to see the same look and feel in 7.1 as well.  The 'Lean' and 'Agile' look is the talk of the town now-a-days

Regards

Vivek

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case it is more like a consulting question rather than a technical aspect of it

because if you can share why this new view has been created or advantages of newer interface definately they will not go for older look but you need to produce a strong business case for justification

Chioce is ur.................all the best

Regards

Prakhar