cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an agent rule in BRF+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day experts.

I am an experienced workflow consultant, but am very new at BRF plus, as this is my first project with GRC. I need to create an agent rule which reads a user id from a custom table (two fields in the table - user name and user group) according to the user group on the access request. I managed to create an agent rule in BRF+ and the simulation produced the required result. When I added the rule and the agent to the MSMP workflow configuration, though, I was unable to activate the version as there were errors in my IMG configuration.

I have followed the advice given in numerous presentations on creating a new rule, but unfortunately these all refer to initiator rules, so I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Under different circumstances, I'd probably just use a FM to create the rule, but this particular client won't grant me a developer key as I am only there on a short-term contract (!) so I'm forced to learn BRF+ which is probably not a bad thing. 🙂

So the questions I'm hoping you might be able to answer are the following:

- do I create a BRFplus rule or a BRFplus Flat rule, and what is the difference?

- what expression do I need to use in my rule? I created an initiator rule using a decision table expression, and its working fine, but it didn't make sense to use a decision table for the agent rule. I used a Loop which sets values in the Agent Rule Result table (GRFN_MW_T_AGENT_ID). The loop reads the user id (using a DB Lookup expression on the custom table) and then sets Line_Item_Key on the result table to the same value as the line item in the access request. No values are set for Notify_Ext_Who_Type or Notify_Ext_Who_ID. I then set the Loop as the Top Expression of the function. I activated the expressions and the function, as well as the application. When I simulated it returned the expected results. Did I do anything wrong? Most posts seem to talk about using decision table expressions, so do I need to use one?

- is there anything more i need to do when I link the rule to my MSMP workflow configuration? I added the rule, then I created an agent using the rule, then I linked the agent to the path. But when I tried to activate the version, I got an error saying there was a problem with my IMG configuration.

I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark here, so any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Brenda.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to resolve this and answer my own questions.

I had to create a BRFplus Flat Rule for the agent rule. This generated the decision table in which I then referenced a DB Lookup expression to read the user id linked to the user group.

As for the errors in IMG configuration, I discovered that I had to use transaction GRNFW_CONFIGURE to do the customizing in expert mode and here I found that even though I had successfully added the new agent rule to the configuration, and saved it there on GRFNW_CONFIGURE_MW, it wasn't saved! Somehow it had disappeared when I used expert mode. So I added it again and was then able to activate the configuration version.

Thanks to anyone who was giving this any thought on my behalf.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member750867
Discoverer
0 Kudos

could you please provide details steps with screenshots?