SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Center Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Fund center Budgeting.

We need 2 Budgets

- Commitments budgets  ( This will update only PR, PO)

- Payment Budget (This will get update on GRN, Payment or FI transaction)

Further, Commitment Budget can be multi year and release will be for same and also avialbility also for same period

However, Payment Budget will be yearly but release and avialbility will be on Quaterly basis.

We are in EHP6. Questions:

- Is it possible to have 2 budgets for same FM area with separate release and Availbility control.

- Can i have 2 different Budgeting strategies

- How can i have Update profile that will update Commitment and payment budget separately.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

regards,
Adi

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have Payment Budget and Commitment Budget at the same time. Update profile 202 seems to be the one to satisfy your requirements.

0 Kudos

Hello , if an organization has update profile 350, this "payment budget update"; is it automatic?

I read in help:

You cannot change the invoice from status "Invoice" to status "Payment" (with report program RFFMS200) until it has been completely cleared in Financial Accounting. The cleared invoice is displayed in the payment column in the information system, in line with the update profile you choose. The invoice and payment dates are also shown.

I tried to find the help.sap.com for sap ecc 6.0, but I can't (my mistake - perhaps I need more coffee).

Please, advice.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Oswald

0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the link to 6.0 documentation:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/f0/ca3eb4260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

It says (for update profile 350):

"The payment is updated in PB with the due date (clearing date of the clearing document)."

Sounds like that the status is updated after the invoice is cleared.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thank you very much !

I'll read the Payment Selection.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I can have update profile but that is assigned to FM Area and not type of Budget like commitment/payment.

please elaborate the solution in detail for better understanding.

Regards,
Atul

0 Kudos

Hello, really I can't undestand what are you trying to tell us.

Did you read this link about "Update Control" ?

Because you don't need to "elaborate the solution", just pick an update profile, and when SAP "runs", the system register a type of budget (payment budget and/or commitment budget)

Regards