Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security note 1785747 and bad dependencies

martin_mikala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

rsecnote report recomended me implement note 1785747 but there are dependencies to Sybase notes and note assistant cannot download these dependent and for me unnecessary notes (1608417, 1616726). Is mistake in note 1785747 or between my chair and keyboard?

SAP NW 730SPS7/SAP_BW730SP07/DB2 10.1 LUW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What error occurs when you try to download the 2 dependant notes?

They are both released to customer and should be available.

Even though they are directed to Sybae, the code corrections are linked to those in  1785747 so are needed even though you are using db2 LUW.

Regards,

Paul

martin_mikala
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP Note 0001608417 is being downloaded

.... after 20 minutes ....

Error in remote connection to destination SAPOSS: Time limit exceeded.

SAPOSS RFCping seems OK.

But I didn't have problem with download other notes.

I tried to download note 16008417 as extra download from snote and over Download Manager but both without success.

Via DM were downloaded only 42B with note header.

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

this error is usually to large notes that SNOTE tries to download, and get timed out because of parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time. You can try to increase it to a higher level, or set it to zero (which means unlimited).

Alternatively (and as a general solution for big notes), you can manually download the notes to your workstation (outside SNOTE) and then upload then in SNOTE --> Goto --> Upload SAP note (notes will be in .DAT extension, like NOTE0001616726.DAT and NOTE0001608417.DAT on your case).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

martin_mikala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I tried download it manually but without success. DM downloaded only few Bytes with note name.

I did OSS message to SAP and they included me these to OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin, had you been given an explanation why you weren't able to download the note?

martin_mikala
Participant
0 Kudos

No, SAP only attached these notes to OSS message.

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I confirm this issue is now fixed. It was a problem within the SAP OSS servers that provide the notes for download. Notes can be download normally now.

Best regards,

Tomas Black