SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Business Partner Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Our company has implemented SAP in 5 years back. Currently all our customer related master data has been maintained using Internal Numbers. Recently the management has decided to change this to an External Number (National ID).

Now the issue i am facing is changing the existing customer's BP number to the external number.

How can i achieve this. Please help me

regds

Mausoom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello Mausoom,

I don't think you would want to delete the old business partners and create new ones as you probably will have to recreate the other commercial masterdata as well (or at least change them).

Have you tried using the external number? This is filed BPEXT in the BUT000 table.

You can find it in transaction BP on the ID tab.

You can write a simple migration report to update this field (use BAPI BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE , field PARTNEREXTERNAL in the central data )

You can then still communicate this external number to customers or show it in the CIC0 transaction or other reports depending on your specific needs.

This should cover all of your business requirements. Business shouldn't concern itself with the way the number is stored internally.

Kind regards,

Dieter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mausoom:

The business partner number cannot be changed. You could recreate the BP using new number and mark the old ones for deletion.

regards,

bill.

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mausoom,

As Bill suggested, standard SAP functionality doesn't allow so. But you could write a simple report to achieve your requirement. Check the thread for more information:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1202709

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hello Mausoom,

I don't think you would want to delete the old business partners and create new ones as you probably will have to recreate the other commercial masterdata as well (or at least change them).

Have you tried using the external number? This is filed BPEXT in the BUT000 table.

You can find it in transaction BP on the ID tab.

You can write a simple migration report to update this field (use BAPI BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE , field PARTNEREXTERNAL in the central data )

You can then still communicate this external number to customers or show it in the CIC0 transaction or other reports depending on your specific needs.

This should cover all of your business requirements. Business shouldn't concern itself with the way the number is stored internally.

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Kudos

Dear Dieter

Thank you for ur reply. It was very helpful

if i do as you have replied, is there any way i can search in CIC using that external number. How?

regds

mausoom

0 Kudos

There should be a way to add your own fields to the data finder in the CIC, but I'll have to look into it first. I'll let you know soon.

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Kudos

I'm assuming you are using the ISUFINDER CIC component.

I think you can go two ways:

Add the field to the screen. Take a look at enhancement ECSFO001.

I found a pretty good description here: http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/Q-ECSFO001

Or transform the number entered in the BP id field to the external number before searching. The drawback is that you won't be able to search on the original ID.

In that case you should take a look at the BAdI ISU_CSFO_FINDER_CSEL

Good luck