cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1 HANA 9.0 installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have received our IBM HANA server and we are stucked with HANA installation.

1. We have downloaded the SLES11_SP2_B1AH.x86_64-0.0.20.preload.iso and burned it into a CD for SUSE installation.

2. We have downloaded the “Installation Guide for SUSE Linux Enterprise server with SAP HANA and SAP Business One”

3. We have downloaded SAP B1 for HANA 9.0

4. We have downloaded SAP HANA Platform Edition 1.0

5. We have followed the Installation Guide with the SLES11_SP2 installation CD until page 27 where it asked to provide the location path to the SAP Installation Master. This is where we are stuck because we don’t know how to get going.

I tried copying both SAP B1 for HANA 9.0 and SAP HANA Platform Edition 1.0 to an external USB drive, and choose "usb://", and type in the folder name, but i keep getting the following error message

Error

Cannot find Installation Master at given location

B1_for_SAP_HANA_Admin_Guide.pdf does not have a troubleshooting guide for this error. It only says that the Pre-requisite is to install B1 HANA Platform Edition.

Can anyone gives me some idean how to proceed with HANA installation?

Many Thanks,

Taw-Fey, Tan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be found inside

HANA_IM_LINUX__X86_64

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks for your response.

However, after typing the full path name, i am still getting the same error

Error

Cannot find Installation Master at given location

Is it because my external harddisk is formatted in Windows format and therefore SUSE cannot recognize the folder structure?

However, i am halfway through the SUSE wizard, how should i proceed?

Thanks,

Taw-Fey, Tan

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taw,

Do not type the path , just navigate it from the GUI.

BR

Atul

fabrizio_barbieri
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Also happens to me the same thing. I burned the version of SAP on a DVD and when the installation asks for the cd / dvd SAP, putting the path to the folder "HANA_IM_LINUX__X86_64" and I get the error "Can not find Installation Master Given at location." Please I need help. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also happens to me the same thing.