cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Category for MES-SAP Integration Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I work for MES product development in India and we want to get SAP Integration certification for our MES product. Here is the scenario

(1) An MES integration to SAP for an Inventory transaction (update only Inventory balance from MES product to SAP's inventory\ material master)

I want to know the Certification category (ex: NW-XI-CNT ) under which we can develope integration scenarios and apply for certification. Our product supports SOAP and XML and expose inventory data through web services.

Pls advice for us to go ahead.

Truly appreciate your support

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at this page for answers on XI content cert process:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7659

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michal.

For the scenario I mentioned in my question, do you think NW-XI-CNT is the right category?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you've developed some mappings, service interfaces etc. for PI which connect your MES to some standard SAP functionality then I'd say this is the good category,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We are in the process of finalizing the category first and then we develop mapping and interfaces.  Do we really need a SAP XMII\ SAP XI consultant for getting this certification? or with the support of tutorials and ICC, can we ask our product developers to create mappings, interfaces and test case scenarios.

Note: We have developers who are very good at C# and dotnet, web services and SOAP.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>.  Do we really need a SAP XMII\ SAP XI consultant for getting this certification? or with the support of tutorials and ICC, can we ask our product developers to create mappings, interfaces and test case scenarios.

you don't need them if you don't care about the time - with XI/PI consultant it will take much less

then without the knowledge - so it's up to you depending on the time schedule you have,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, Inaki.

Our intention is to get SAP Integration(SAP Netweaver) certification. Also We do not use SAP ME, it's our own MES product.

Can we also get certification by using The Inventory Management ES bundle?

Thanks

Chandu