cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport one R3 BS to many R3 BS ? (different clients in the same system)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have a SLD situation I'd like to know if it's possible to work. I have three PI and R3 systems (DEV, QA and PRD) but in the QA system the customer wants to make tests in two clients of the same system (200 and 220).

I have one R3 DEV business system (BS_SAP_DEV_110) and, at the present, one R3 QA bs (BS_SAP_QA_200). I thought about creating another R3 QA business system (BS_SAP_QA_220) to make a transport from R3 DEV to these two QA business system.

I tried to add this 2nd QA business system in the "transport" - "target field" in SLD, but it just changes the current BS (it doesn't add a new one).

Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks to all!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You can have just one transport target as client for a business system in SLD. I don't think you will be able to do this via SLD and transports.

The question now is how to make it work:

You can create a business system BS_SAP_QA_220 without an issue.

Below link should help you with approach:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3374220

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all, I wanted to confirm if this was possible or not. I already thought about the walkaround of adding a new BS manually in QA system, but I'd like to avoid it.

Thanks again!

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand but it goes against the basic Transport mechanism. If you do a transport, what logic will CTS+ apply that the target should be system A or B.

Ambrish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos