Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation using WBS element creation date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing problem in WBS validation ;

I need to check only those WBS elements which are created after one specific date : for example 01.01.2013,

Validation should not apply on WBS elements which have been created before 01.01.2013:

For this i am  using PRPS-ERDAT > 01.01.2013 , but i am getting ABAP Dump when i am creating new WBS element as it is using temp data .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem got resolved, Thank you all for your replies.

I have used following condition,

( PRPS-ERDAT = '00000000' )

OR ( PRPS-ERDAT >= '20130527' )

Regards,

Sandeep V

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you may not be able to validate on WBS date as VALIDATION can only happen on saved data.

You will have to validate based on superior WBS date (RCJ_PRPSUP-ERDAT)

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I also tried the same process in my development server and it worked fine for me. I have used the ERDAT as '01.07.2013'. I suggest you to follow the following steps. It seems like you missed some basic steps.

1. In Pre-requisie, just add any condition whether you want to check it for second level WBS or any other level WBS. Eg-  PRPS-STUFE = '2'

2. Secondly, check condition will be the same as you have used i.e  PRPS-ERDAT > '01.07.2013' (I have used this check condition in my case).

3. Just add up your own message or any message from the list.

By doing the above steps, I have been stopped by the system when I used the date as '03.07.2013'.

For your reference, I am attaching the screen shots to help you further. Also, look at the working of validation at project builder when I used the date as '03.07.2013'. Furthermore, just look the configuration setting at OPSA (Project Profile) as I have used it as Automatic Validation check mark.

Just revert back, if things doesn't work..!!

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually, i want to use PRPS-ERDAT in Prereqisite, and you can use any check condition for example Cost center = Profit center.

so when i am using PRPS-ERDAT in Prerequisite, i am getting ABAP DUMP, while creating new WBS elment.

See the problem is recently we have applied validation in system as per requirement, but now clients wants that this validation should only apply after the date we have implemented it should not check the WBS created before the implementation date.

Regards,

Sandeep V

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Could you try to change your logic to  this prerequisite if PRPS-ERDAT=blank ?

Check in this case if the validation happens..it is possible the field is empty and the system doesn't understand blank > date

Regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

What exactly is the condition that you are using in Prerequisite.? Is it PRPS-ERDAT > 01.01.2013 or PRPS-ERDAT > ' ' Also, what is the condition that you are using in Check.?

I think if you want to validate on particular date, then it should come under Check condition instead of Prerequisite. (Please correct me If I am wrong)..!!

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Problem we are facing is like, we have applied this validation on may 2013 , Profit center = Cost cennter on Lvel 5 and Level 6 WBS, now system is also checking onld WBS which has been created before may 2013, and there are thousand of such cases where WBS has been created before may and does not have same Profit center and cost center.

We want to avoid this situation so just want to apply this validation only after may 2013.

And user does not want to change existing Profit center and cost center in Old WBS.

Regards,

Sandeep v

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

You have to enter in your code/validation : PRPS-ERDAT > 20130101 ( internally the date format is YYYYMMDD)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You could see SAP note 358473, it offers you how to validate the WBS creation.

Regards, Gordon