Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI Mobile App Offline reports

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We user BO 4.0 SP 25 and we use SAP BI Mobisle for WebI reports.

Everything working fine on this App, but ! if my users wants to use the WebI report offline ( the report should work even wthout network ) with latest updated data.

How can we achieve this, when i use offline mode, i couldn't open the report.

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If your app is running in offline mode with no network connection then the app should display the documents with cached data with some exceptions mentioned below provided you have Offlinestorage configured on server side

Go to the below file and check if storage is set to true and time to live is specified at least a few weeks(number in days) if not an year.

webappserver\webapps\MobileBIService\WEB-INF\ClientSettings.properties

offlineStorage=true

offlineStorage.ttl=365

Note: check if webi documents are assigned to mobile or mobile designed categories and not confidential. Confidential category docs cannot be viewed in offline mode. documents with geomaps show only POIs in offline mode.

Thanks

Mallik

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malli,

I did as per your instructions, it is working fine when connection is available, but when application is close ( session close) and reopen, I don't see my report available as like sample reports.

How can we have the report available all time?

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You have to use the option Share>Save for Offline viewing from within the app to download documents to your IOS device and then it would be available for you next time you open the app.

Thanks

Mallik

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malli,

I check  in application , but ! Couldn't find where this option is exactly.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

Please go through the below app user guide.you will find how to get to the share option.search for "Save for Offline' keyword

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/5x_mobiOS_user_en.pdf

Thanks

Mallik

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malli,

couldn't find save for offlline, but ! seen + symbol for saving to device. But! my scenario, even i couldn't find that option in my application.

I feel there might be some configurations for the same ?

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Refer to Page 18 to see that save for offline viewing option is available under Share option. try accessing BI content from IPAD first to find the options in easy way until you get familiar with options in app. you can also try Add to home option by tapping the document Info icon, to save the reports and show on home page.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/44x_mobiOS_user_en.pdf

Unfortunately, I do not have mobile app connectivity right now, could have pointed with the exact steps other wise.

Thanks

Mallik

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malli ,

No I couldn't seen that option in my Ipad as per the document. Also the document says it is for Crystal reports ( not WebI Reports ).

When i login to server, i can see the reports with + mark, by clicking the plus mark the report is coming to my Items, but ! not as offline report.

When i restart or session close, the reports won't be there at all. I want to download the report to my users IPad as like Sample reports.

This is high priority from our end now.

Regards,

Suresh

Answers (0)