cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building own schemas in Seeburger bic mapper

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm consulting for Utilities industry and looks like Seeburger does not have custom schemas for this industry type. Using standalone software bic converter and mapping designer, is it possible to

1. build custom schemas from standard EDI X12.

2. and once I build custom schema, would this be saved as xsd?

3. can this xsd be used to convert / map to an IDoc (xsd) using bic mapping designer.

4. does this come with Seeburger adapter cd or a separate cd (free / with cost)?

5. Finally, its latest version number?

I know I have several questions. Please let me know...I will reward them handsomely

Please send me answers and not links to documents. I get totally confused and lost with these Seeburger documents!

Thanks,

Pam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. build custom schemas from standard EDI X12.

Yes you can build custome schamas as per EDI Industry standards. Also we can have the pre standard schemas after installing the seeburger on server.

Also you can get exact manuals from the server/vendor.

2. and once I build custom schema, would this be saved as xsd?

Yes you can use it.

3. can this xsd be used to convert / map to an IDoc (xsd) using bic mapping designer.

See in general ,BIC / some edi converter can be used to generate the xsd.And also you can map the BIC mapper , if you use then you have to configure the eeburger adapter with bic modules.

4. does this come with Seeburger adapter cd or a separate cd (free / with cost)?

I hope Yes. you can have , but some cost.

5. Finally, its latest version number?

Vendor specific.

I hope you can have all seeburger links in your previous forum question.

I have given lot of links.

Regards

Chilla..

<i>Points rewarded if it is helpful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

thank you for taking time.

You definitely cleared air around 1, 2 and 3. And also having worked on a POC on Seeburger version 1.0 months ago, I learnt about using bic as a module v/s adapter

Regarding 4. I'll have my team look at the Seeburger adapter cd to see if we have bic converter and mapping designer. Is this the name?

Thank you. And yes, I'll give you all the points

Answers (0)