Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation and DMR on actual costs on service order

former_member223087
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a special process which begins in CS with a service order.

For this we would like to create an offer by DIP (DP80). This is working well. No problem with DIP configuration.

We process the service order with goods issues, hours registration, and so on.

Were we begin to get a problem is when we want to make a DMR based on the service order.. As we have created an offer, the system is waiting for a sales order creation based on the offer and wants to invoice based on the offer amount whereas we want to create a new DMR based on actual costs of the service order.

Does anybody have already managed this?

thanks for your help.

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223087
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to finish this post.

In fact I created a new sales order type with no action. Not relevant for delivery, not relevant for invoicing.

Manage all the stuff of new items, copy rules with quotation document type...

Then I go in VA01 and create this new document ZQUO in copy of the quotation.

Like this the quotation is validated (according to SAP), so the service order is released.

Then I can process it as a normal service order and use in DP90 to do my invoicing process based on actual costs.

This means the creation of a not relevant at all document, but it really feet my need.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member223087
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies.

I know all what you adviced in you post. The customizing is set correctly and working well for the DIP configuration in  ODP1and the status of the service order is ok.

What I read (and what I saw in the system behaviour) is that when you make an offer for a service order in DP80, the status of the service order is "waiting for quotation approval". This status can only be reversed by accepting the offer by making a sales order in reference on it. So normally this should be this order invoiced to the customer based on the amount in the offer (which is based on plan costs of the service order.

What we would like to do is to make an offer on the service order, but be abble to make then a debit memo request with transaction DP90, to set the invoice to the customer based on the actual costs of the service order.

What I eared is that it would be possible to define a sales order without delivery and without invoice which is created in reference to the offer (but with no action), so that the process of the offer is validated and then it is possible to invoice the service order by making a debit memo request in DP90.

I don't know if someone as already used this.

Regards

Olivier

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do Quotation accept from the service order which will allow you to do DP90

it is not required to create a sales order again with reference to Offer

Goto IW32 and in the functions-->accept quotation

then the system status will be changed and will allow you to do DP90

try this and revert

regards,

santosh

former_member223087
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I've tested your solution, but the acceptance of the quotation creates a debit memo request based on the quotation that's mean on the planned cost of the service order wheras I would need to create a debit memo request based on the actual cost with DP90.

Maybe I could define a debit memo request which is not allowed for invoice, so SAP will create a debit memo request without any following action so that I can create my debit memo request on actual costs.

Any other idea?

Regards

Olivier

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the service order , do you have Actual cost ?

have you posted the confirmation using IW41 ?

in the DIP profile is your usage billing has actual cost as source ?

check above three and let me know your findings

regards,

santosh

former_member223087
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have no actual cost in my service order at this moment because my process is like this

1 - create the service order with planned costs

2 - quotation with DP80

Then the service order is blocked for release waiting this acceptance of the quotation. Until the service order is blocked for release there is no mean to affect actual costs to it.

If I make the acceptance in the service order, then the debit memo request is created directly which does not leave me any chance to put actual costs before the acceptance of the quotation and the creation of the debit memo request.

Regards

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Please make sure that your Service order is Technically (TECO) and business wise complete.

This can cross checked by verifying the Status of the Service Order.

Regards

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know in the ODP1 configuration you can see different usages for Quotations and Billing

check whether 01 usage for Billing is enable in your DIP profile

and in the source you have to check the source as Actual cost

Now in the service order, you have to confirm the Operations using IW41 and have to do MIGO if you have any components

Doing IW41 will bring actual cost to the service order

now using DP90 transaction code you can bill the service order with the actual cost

before DP90 you have to do IW41

try and revert

regards,

santosh