cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Sap Content Server ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I would like to install Sap Content Server 6.40 on Windows Server 2003.

In "Installation Guide - SAP Content Server for Windows" is written: "Insert the SAP Installation Master DVD" but it is impossible to find it on SAP marketplace any more.

Could you tell me what I have to download form marketplace to install Content Server or give some current tutorial.

Regards,

Michal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Could you please help me to install the content server and the map/integrate  the content server with

the SAP  and to create the repository.

please provide us the proper link ..

i am confused.

regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to download the NetWeaver Presentation package for Content Server, NetWeaver installation master and the MaxDB installation files.

You need to first install the IIS before you install Content Server. Installing IIS should be straight forward.

Once the IIS is installed you need to start the service.

Install Content Server and MaxDB together.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003351242006E/Cont_Serv_Win_640.pdf

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Content Server Option is not visible in Software Provision Manager media. Kindly advice how to make Content Server Option visible in SWPM installation master media.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for yours replays.

Samuli Kaski: I downloaded this archive earlier and I didn't know what i should do with this. There are some DLL files (e.g. ContentServer, CSProxyCache) and one EXE file named "sapkprotp".

Sriram: I have read notes you mentioned.

1. I did the instructions from the note: "1039282 - SAP Content Server 6.40 on Windows 2000 Server" on Windows Server 2003.

2. I added a new Web service extension - as in note 658442 - SAP Content Server 6.30 on Windows 2003 servers (for the DLL's from "50118243_2   NW 7.0 Presentation - SAP Content Server 6.40" - Samuli Kaski mentioned about this). (I didn't change any access rights).

I didn't install MaxDB. Should I?

I try to test it in browser: http://localhost:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo.

It doesn't work.

Could you write me step by step instruction or at least some more details ?

Thanks in advance.

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal Kic wrote:

I downloaded this archive earlier and I didn't know what i should do with this. There are some DLL files (e.g. ContentServer, CSProxyCache) and one EXE file named "sapkprotp".

Follow the installation guide in order to install CS. Your web server needs to be installed before you install CS.

0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Here is a good document for you, it describes the detail steps to install content server

http://service.sap.com/contentserver

-> SAP content server

->  Resources

-> Installation Guide - SAP CS 6.40 for Windows

In short,

- Install IIS

- Install content server together with MaxDB(If you decide to user file system you don't need to install MaxDB)

Regards,

Shawn

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Search for the attached media under Installations and Upgrades to locate the installation media for Content Server.

50118243_2   NW 7.0 Presentation - SAP Content Server 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.