cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShopOrder is too long (63>36) (Message 12032)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We get the ShopOrder is too long (63>36) (Message 12032) error when trying to release SFCs longer than 50. Up to 40 chars it actually works. Has anyone experienced that same "feature" with SAP ME 6.0 Sp4?

I checked the DB and I see that SFC can be 128 chars long whereas ShopOrder is limited to 36.

What is the actual limit of SFC lenght?

Br,

Jennsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Unfortunately there is no indication to how long the SFC actually can be.

I'll give it a few days and then try filing a bug report in SAP portal.

Br,

Jennsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem Jennsen describes happens when you create initial SFC with DM520 activity. When you serialize SFC you can create longer SFCs up to 128.  If you try to create longer one you get an error like "SFC is too long (135>128) (Message 12032)"

I think this must be a bug during the initial SFC creation.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If Next Number pattern is involved in the release scenario, then the issue could stem from problems with resolving the actual value of NN.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem occurs only if we use the SFC Release activity. If we use next number then we can go beyond 40+.

Do you think we have a case for SAP ticket?

Br,

Jennsen

0 Kudos

Hi Jennsen,

In old versions there was USE_SERIAL_NUMBER boolean Activity Rule of DM520. Based on it Next Number pattern was selected to use. Could you try to create this Activity Rule and play with its setting and  with Next Number patterns to verify Sergiy's assumption?

If it does not help, a support message with connection to your system would be a good way to proceed.

Br, Alex.