cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPG1 (Transfer of FI-CA to Gen.Ledger) throws error reconcillation key is closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to transfer FICA posting to General ledger through FPG1. It throws me an error message saying that "There is no open posting period for this company code". Below there is an information saying that if i maintain the entry in FPG0.

My reconcillation key is WC_121106_01 for the posting date 01.12.2012

The entry I have maintained in FPG0 is 01.12.2012 - 30.06.2013.

reconcillation key is closed 31.05.2013.

Till now everytime I maintained an entry everytime. It worked perfect. Eventhough I have maintained an entry,I couldn't transfer FICA to general ledger.

Thanks a lot in advance and help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Try below three things:

1. Check the company code entries in the recon key and if entries maintained in FPG0 is for all company codes applicable.

2. You are trying to use alternate posting date as 30.06.2013. Check if the posting period for June is closed. When did you try first to send FI/CA to G/L? If on 1st of July, there is a high possibility that June period is now closed.

3. If your period for June is closed, then change your entry in FPG0 from 30.06.2013 to something like 02.07.2013 for July period which would be open.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your quick reply.

I have checked the 3 points you have mentioned, posting is still unsuccessful.

1. This is my entry from FPF3 and the entries in reconciliation has only the company code D879.

These are the entries that I have maintained in FPG0

2. Posting period for june is not closed.

Alternative posting date 30.06.2013 is not closed. This is my entry from ob52

I have used the following FMs 'FI_PERIOD_DETERMINE’, 'FI_PERIOD_CHECK'

to check whether my posting date is open or not. It says posting date is still open.

Another info, I executed a test run --> FICA accounts transfer to GL. perhaps so my spool is also empty.

Anyhelp further would be appreciated.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi:

Based on your screenshot - delete all FPG0 entries and create ONE new one with values:

D879     06/30/2013     07/01/2013

this would allow all documents posted prior to June 30 to be posted with alt date of July 1.  Your entries will result in failures.

There should always be only ONE entry per company code in FPG0

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply. The solution that you suggested me worked like charm.

Please explain me the following,

I am quite new to FI CAX, please be patient with my questions:-)

The entries in FPG0 are not just created now. Everytime if i want to post for the period closed. I am maintaining alternative posting date here.

Now the error is "There is no open posting period for the alternative posting date 01.12.2012. The posting period of june is not closed as i have mentioned above.

As you said, I have deleted all the entries and maintained the entry you specified and it worked great.

Please explain what does this mean. Do we need to maintain the entry as 30.06.2013 instead of 01.06.2013 eventhough the posting date of june is not closed.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If June is not closed, then your entry should be 05/31/2013 06/01/2013. The first date should represent the last day of the last month which is now closed.  The second date should represent the first day of the month which is currently open.

regards,

bill.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is because of posting period closed in your fi area which you are trying to post to . so just verify whether the period opened or not . or maintain an alternative date in fpgo.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3340139

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/96/8b300943ce11d189ee0000e81ddfac/content.htm

https://scn.sap.com/thread/586522

i hope this will help you solve the issue

thanks

pal

kandarpa_anand
Participant
0 Kudos

It is due to period closed..please maintain an alternative date..in FPG0

former_member193025
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Your error is related to posting periods only so check your posting period is open or not.

Best Regards,

Cherry.