Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.4 Single Instance (ABAP+Java)

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

is there a way to install a single instance (dual stack) that is not only intended for Process Integration?

Do I have to install ABAP instance first and then Java instance to select Java usages?

Please, let me now if there's a specific help or manual in addition to the three already available.

Thanks in advance.

AK -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Can you please clarify a bit, about what would you like to achieve.

Do you want to install Dual Stack System (ABAP+JAVA)?

If you use SWPM (SWPM10SP*.SAR), you will get to install SAP Netweaver 7.4 AS ABAP or JAVA, but if you want Dual-Stack (both ABAP & Java) the use case will be PI.

Are you intending to have a dual-stack system, but your use case is not PI?

If this is the case, which I am assuming, then the reason is=> SAP Discontinues Dual Stack onwards Netweaver 7.4

In future also, oncoming releases will be free of Dual Stack (except PI & SOLMAN) and existing (older) releases are being split up separating the Java stack from dual stack.

Suggest you to consider the platform for your particular use-case. If you need to have Java Stack as well, you will have to do a separate installation and then integrate it with the ABAP stack to leverage functionality of Java components.

Hope it helps!

-Akshay.

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

thanks for your answer.

As I am doing right now (and normally in the past): "Suggest you to consider the platform for your particular use-case. If you need to have Java Stack as well, you will have to do a separate installation and then integrate it with the ABAP stack to leverage functionality of Java components."

An extended duals-stack installation (more than PI) can be useful if you want a demo/development server to test and develop using the full platform. Obviously, is NOT related to a final or production server...

Future is clear.

Bye,

Andrea -

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ANDREA,

Hope you are doing good.

As Akshay mentioned, it does not make much sense trying to install a standalone ABAP system and expecting it to have PI functionality .

If you need just an ABAP server, install 7.4 with ABAP usage type and then you can install a standalone java UT server as well.

For more on the dual-Stack Split Guide, check:

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001412922011E/dss_unix.pdf

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth