cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders to checkin (to DTR) for a Webdynpro DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an existing webdynpro application(not a DC) which I want to move to a WebDynpro DC on a track. I created a track and a new DC (of type webdynpro) for the track. I was prompted to create a new activity for these changes which I did. Then I copied the source files from the original webdynpro application into this one and I could build and deploy it fine. Finally my question is -- which folders should I checkin to the DTR, apart from the ones I was prompted for while creating a new DC(of type webdynpro), so that I can maintain versioning for this product.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

you will need the following files to be checked into DTR

--cfg

--def

--Model folder

--src

--.dcdef

--test

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxmi,

Thanks for the info. I have a question. When we make changes to the generated java files (eg. views, components, etc) in the gen_wdp folder how do we version those changes without checking in that folder(gen_wdp) into DTR.

Thanks,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama,

The files in the gen_wdp folder are purely generated by the IDE based upon the metadata available in the .wd files of your src folder. So, when you say that you are checking in some stuff, you are checking in only these metadata files (<i> for which suitable versions are maintained in your DTR server,)</i> and based upon the version of the metadata files you sync, your java files get generated when you build the DC project.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laxmi, Jhansi and Bala for your help.

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Firstly, CheckIn the activity you have created. And whenever you make any changes to the application(DC) just Checkout the required View by creating the activity, and then do the CheckIn of that activity.

Regards,

Jhansi