cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call freely defined value help manual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to call a freely defined value help manually from my code. I need this because I want to show this value help on click at add-button above my table control. Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As mentioned above you can create a web dynpro component for the same.

Use can use the below mentioned code:

CALL METHOD lo_nd_info->set_attribute_value_help

EXPORTING

name = 'Your attribute name'

value_help_mode = '141' Valid value help mode

value_help = 'Web Dynpro Component name'.

Regards,

Sanjeev Kotwal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chrsitian,

You can find an example of creating freely value help on standard SAP application demo DEMO_VALUE_HELP.

Regards

former_member213217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is pretty much possible. Lets say you have developed a Web dynpro component X which implements the IWD_VALUE_HELP interface to serve as your F4 help. Now you have another component lets say Y within which you have a button and upon clicking which you want to show the view from component X. You need to proceed as follows:

1) Declare a component usage of X within component Y. (By declaring X within the "Used components" tab of component Y)

2) Go to the view from wherein you want to bring up the value help upon clicking a button. Go to the "Properties" tab of the view & add the component usage of X to the view by using the "Create Controller Usage" button.

3) Now go to the button upon clicking which you would like to bring up the value help & go to its action handler.

4) You can use the wizard & select the option, "Generate Popup". Do an F4 help within the "Component Use" field and select your component X. The system would automatically fill in "WD_VALUE_HELP" within the Window name. Press on enter to close the wizard and have the necessary code genrated for you.

You would now have your value help component presented in a popup window when you click on the button.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible, You can create another webdynpro with a view which can be called as pop up window and after you select the entry , you can return back to the main webdynpro with an event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, I've found a solution!

Is it possible to wrap the events VH_WINDOW_OPENED and VH_WINDOW_CLOSED into my own events, so that the main component does listen to my event and not VH_WINDOW_OPENED?