cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Drop ship process in SAP-Communicate End Ship to party to Shipper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As part of 3rd party drop shipment process(SO to PR to PO process), we have the need to communicate to initial shipping party (purchase order vendor) and through the delivery idoc message also the final ship-to delivery address as available in corresponding sales order.

In the case of Internal vendors in the Drop ship process the Replenishment Outbound delivery would have the internal customer CXXXX as ship to party setup for the receiving plant XXXX . On saving the document we would get the Delivery IDOC triggered to the 3PL with ship to party as CXXXX.

In the real scenario 3PL is the Shipper who would move the products to the end customer. Since the end Ship to party is not known to the Shipper we have lots of manual communication work involved to identify the Ship the party.

Each time the 3PL providers gets an IDoc he in turn calls the Business to find whom to ship the Consignment.

My Question:  I need to pull the Ship to party in the sales order and propose the same in the PO while it is being created. If I can propose the Ship to party as an partner function(Logic to create vendors matching the Ship to party's are done) I would then have the liberty to get them flow in to the Rep Outbound delivery from which the EDI flows to the  Shipper.

Please assist me with some User Exits to Pull the Ship to party from Sales Order while creation or saving of the Purchase Order.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard you can see DELIVERY ADDRESS tab in the PO line item where you can find the address of SHIP TO PARTY

This is already available in standard, please check and revert if you need any more

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I think you did not get my point. What I want to know is how to pick the Ship to party from the sales Order and bring it into the Purchase order.In my Scenario you can see 2 ship to parties .Its and Internal Procurement for the STO so the ship to party in the Rep.Outbound delivery will be the receiving plant.

Here we internally procure and supply to the customer and again using 3rd party logistics .So the standard SAP would not solve my issue. I have to somehow fetch the data from Order into the PO and then send 2 Ship to parties to the forwarder.Here the first ship to will be the Receiving plant in the PO and the next will be the Sales Order Ship to party who is actually the final end customer.

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Every IDOC has one or more userexits that can be used.  Further, if this is not possible then you could extend the IDOC with a new segment and inform the 3PL if this is OK.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waza,

We are using the standard SAP process to create PO from PR created Via Sales Order. Here what I am trying to find is a way to fetch Ship to party from Sales Order and Propose the same in PO and later get it flow into the Replishment Outbound delivery. It's at this stage I have an outbound IDoc to 3PL and I can add segments to send the data but however cannot find a way to pull the data.

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pulling the data is from an IDOC userexit.  Also does the delivery address from the PO appear in DELVRY03?

One userexit you can use is  EXIT_SAPLV56K_002 (Enhancement V56K0001). See http://scn.sap.com/thread/1054054 for an example.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waza,

Yes the ship to party is seen in the Rep OBD and that has the address. With standard SAP this is correct and these info gets fetched from the plant internal customer settings. Since the material is with our 3PL warehouse we generally ship the product directly to the end customer.Only for the benefit of legal regulations and documentation the process is shown as a receipt in the STO and later processed with an delivery for the Sales Order.

I would explore with the Enhancement you suggested and let you know.Thanks a lot for your support so far.

Thanks,

Jeff