cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting indexserver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the option of adding multiple indexserver to a single node HANA system. This is helpful in Backup and Recovery for N:1 System copy. However, if I want to delete an indexserver from target after successful system copy is there a mechanism available? There should not be any data loss involved 🙂

Regards, Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check

SAP Note No. 1749467

Copying SAP HANA From a Multiple- to a Single-Host

it may help you.

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the note. I am aware of this, however it does not solve my question "if I want to delete an indexserver from target after successful system copy is there a mechanism available".

Thanks for the speedy reply nevertheless.

Regards, Rahul

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can delete the indexserver via HDBADMIN.sh -> Configuration -> Topology -> host -> Host ID -> Delete Node

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks. I am aware of deletion of indexserver/or any server using HDBAdmin, but will this not cause any loss of data.

From what I understand, deletion of indexserver will definitely cause loss of data...so there should be some "safe" way to copy the data from one indexserver and distribute it among others.

Similar to the way we can distribute data after adding or deletion of a node in HANA.

Also, are you sure customers are advised to use HDBAdmin tool 😉

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Rahul

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Of cos you need to ensure a successful backup before you proceed to

i) Redistribute all tables from the indexserver you want to delete to available indexserver

ii) Ensure no table stores before your deletion.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang