Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Doubt

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a PS consultant and need some clarification on Pricing.

1) Is it Possible to use different pricing procedure for Quotation and Sales order (SO will be created by copying Quotation)?

2) Can we put a condition type in SO without any value, and is it possible to edit the value for this condition type in Billing Document?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for question 1 yes, can be made, by assigning a different document pricing procedure on the quotation document type & SO document type in VOV8.

for question 2 yes, if we design this condition as a manual condition type & do the price adjustment during invoice creation at VF01 ( cos saving the document will lead to account posting & hence may not be possible later).

if you want an automatic value only at invoice level, u can use access sequence that will have billing type as a parameter.

regards

ilango

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ilango,

Thanks for the reply.

1. I will be copying from quotation only the item details (including BOS) where as pricing will be maintained separately in SO. I hope it will work very well with two separate pricing procedure. please give your views.

2. How can I stop creating accounting document during billing, as I want to adjust the price (basically the retention amount and down payment adjustment) and generate accounting document.

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

if the practice is to have a separate pricing at SO level, no need to have a different pricing procedure, play with a manual condition type in both SO & quotation using the same procedure, if you want a separate pricing procedure you can go with it, but single procedure is an easy approach.

for point 2, the simple solution will be to change the account assignment group AAG, at the header level of the invoice to the one which is normally not used at all or the one where you dont have an entry in VKOA & change it to the originally available after all your manual activity. this will be for case to case basis & if you are ok to do this manual activity of changing AAG every time.

if this is required for all the documents & if such postings happen with a dedicated billing document type then go for a suitable option in billing document type level in VOFA.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adul,

Option 1-  if you you can use manual condition to do so.

Option 2- use posting block option at billing doc type level Tcode- VOFA, this will not allow create accounting  automatically, you need to release the billing doc type manually and after that it will hit the accounting.

Thanks,

Sumeet Sah

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ilango,

I will proceed as follows:-

1. Will use separate document pricing procedure for Quotation and SO.

2. Will enter condition type to be adjusted manually in Billing Document with zero value in SO.

3. In VOFA will activate check box posting block so that accounting document will not create automatically.

4. Will maintain the amount to be adjusted / deducted in Billing document as negative value.

5. From VF02 will release the Billing document for accounting.

Please advise is the above steps are OK or not. If you finding any technical issue also please let me know.

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this will work.

on step 2, u need not have a zero value in SO separately (this is optional), you can directly bring in this condition type in Billing.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,  The rest step are perfectly fine.  For step 2, you need to maintain the value of the condition type with a blank at sales order level and maintain the pricing type accordingly.  Thanks,  Sumeet Sah

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ilango,

Could you please give me the steps to bring these conditions directly in Billing document without maintaining in SO.

Similarly I would like to know can I bring AZWR (down payment adjustment) also in Billing document without maintaining in SO.

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can have billing document type as an access sequence V/07 & link it with your condition type in V/08 & have condition records maintained in VK11 for this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Since you have the Condition type as an manual entry and do not have it mandatory in your pricing procedure ,system will allow the flow to the Invoice where you can maintain the values to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

For Option 1 you can have 2 pricing procedure for two Doc type as per your reqd and this reqd is commonly use in industry.

For option 2, I believe you can do that at sales order level as if you put any condition manually then you need to put a zero value and then use pricing type too control at billing level, I m not sure of this as I have not tested this in system but logically it should be possible with stnd system only. please check the same.

Thanks,

sumeet sah