Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM 1.0 SP07 - Java upgrade, CDs have not been mounted

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the next Stop in SUM - Java:

3 configured CDs have not been mounted. See previous messages. The configured CD ID J2EE-CD and CD description NW Java CD has not been mounted. The configured CD ID J2EE-INST and CD description Installation Archives has not been mounted. The configured CD ID JDMP and CD description Java load dump and configuration has not been mounted.

a PDF-Search within the medialist-document did not deliver any helpful content !!

- search with "J2EE-CD"      - no result

- search with "J2EE-INST"     - no result

a search within SAP Download Portal - Search of Installation and Upgrades -

- no result

i already did a download of these components and the calling the self-extracting archives

to fill two directorys:

was is missing ?

how to go on with SUM-Java?

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh my good, a nasty trap !!!! designed by SAP.

and a lock at google search shows, i am not the first one to fail on this 

what has happened:

my fault was to use the SAP default value for the target directory

when extracting the 4 packages of downloaded files.

when downloading the (in my case) 4 packages of components

- abap installation (2 files)

- abap upgrade (4 files)

- java (5 files)

- language (4 files)

1. extracting the abap-installation files, the SAP default-value for directory is 51043228,

for example extract in c:\NW731\ the self-extracting archive creates a directory c:\NW731\51043228\ and stores the content in it.

2. extracting the abap-upgrade files, the SAP default-value for directory is again 51043228,

for example extract in c:\NW731\ the self-extracting archive creates a directory c:\NW731\51043228\ and stores the content in it (and as i know now , overrides some content of the first extraction. e.g. the MID.xml file in c:\NW731\51043228\   )

and so on ....

extracting all self-extracting archive in the same (SAP default) directory overrides everytime the MID.xml file in c:\NW731\51043228\

so last i did the language pack extraction and this overrides the MID.xml file in c:\NW731\51043228\ from java-extraction.

and that is the point, why SUM Java Upgrade did not find the Java content in the c:\NW731\51043228\ directory !!! - because SUM only looks first in MID.xml !!!

who had designed this concept by SAP ? - using the same default directory-name and using for some files every time the same name  e.g. MID.xml  but with different content? 

This is totally disappointing and frustrating and it costs me about several hours of my short live

and it costs valuable time in our upgrade-planing.

(what the competition would say about such long upgrade times (several weeks)  and upgrade efforts)

so, you have to extract several different download components in different directorys !!!

c:\NW731\abap\51043228\

c:\NW731\java\51043228\

c:\NW731\lang\51043228\

or

much better:

SAP should use different directory names when creating these archives.

by the way,

SAP-support was unable to resolve this issue in a high-priority ticket within about 55 hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am now having the same problem as u and i have succesfully installed ABAp and stuck with this same problem in JAVA what should i do please guide me

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Ostrop,

I think we find the solution for your problem. ABAP and JAVA DVD have to be extracted in separate directories, so that the mid.xml will not overwrite. This xml file hold the path to every subdirectory.

I hope your process goes on.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

i think you need to share more details.. What's your op.sys. (i suppose os/400 system)? Is SUM up to date?

it seems that sum can't read that dvd, can you? can you copy it somewhere and repeat sum phase declaring the copied path?

Let me know

a

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, we are on IBM-i with OS/400

yes, SUM is SP07, downloaded some days ago.

Former Member
0 Kudos

last but not least, can you copy the dvd somewhere and make sum pointing to that?

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i know, this content has to be located on the server (IBM-i),

so i created a directory (in IFS) , copied all files to that directory,

then SUM is able to browse this directory and all subdirectorys,

and select the wanted directory, 

but defining the mountpoint to /InstMedien/NW731/51043228

SUM stops with the error-message

3 configured CDs have not been mounted. See previous messages. The configured CD ID J2EE-CD and CD description NW Java CD has not been mounted. The configured CD ID J2EE-INST and CD description Installation Archives has not been mounted. The configured CD ID JDMP and CD description Java load dump and configuration has not been mounted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

now it's all clear, thx

Did you check in the xml file under sum dir, for NW Java content DVD which

dvd number is seeking for? is it 51043228?

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where exactly (in SUM-directory) should this xml be located?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the sum folder there should be a stack.xml...

...but i had another thought about that and i still think there is a problem from sum accessing the copied dvd, can you copy just the label files in a folder where you are completely sure sum can have access?

let me know