Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Activity BD in auth. obj s_tabu_dis

0 Kudos

Hi,

Security Techies,

When i try to create a role using authorization object,

I found the activities 02-change, 03- display and BD in s_tabu_dis.

The found its description as Maintain object in non-owner system

But what is the activity used all about.

Could anyone explain me about this activity.

Thnx in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using S_TABU_DIS authorization object we can restrict access to data in table entries defined in this object. User who wants to access the data has authorization for transaction SE16 (and therefore for all ABAP Dictionary objects). In this way, we can prevent system administrators from accessing application data. Once we implement this authorization object, only those table entries can be modified or displayed that have been given the appropriate authorization in S_TABU_DIS.

DICBERCLS: Authorization group and ACTVT: Activity.

DICBERCLS field contains the authorization for tables according to the authorization classes in table TDDAT

ACTVT field contains the permitted operations. It can take the following value.02: Change (add, modify, or delete table entries) and 03: Display table content

Note: SM30 is used to run the table maintenance generator which can be used to add new entries to the custom table. If no table maintenance generator is created for that table then this transaction can be used to create new entries and modify existing entries in the table.