cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have different installation, R/3 4.6C, BW3.5, BW 310c, CRM 4.0...and my question is about the transaction DB13 for daily DB check, the result based on configured table in DBSTATC, the system doesn't detect others tables with obsolete statistics, so, I've my own process that I start and this process is like DB20 doing a refresh and computing the difference in %, and after this I use the list to compute the statistics. So, do you think there's a way to locate those obsolete statistics ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

Can you explain what you mean with "obsolete" statistics?

Do you mean "old" statistics?

Having "old" statistics on "static" tables is not a problem.

BRCONNECT detects if the table has changed above a certan threshold, if so, statistics are calculated for the table. If not, then no statistics are calculated.

It is not necessary to run manually statistics for this tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

When during a process there's many operations like delete/insert/update on a table (for example srrelroles on CRM env.), you can start from DB13 a DBCHECK and the result is OK, green, because this table in not in the configuration table for statistics (DBSTATC), but when you start TR DB20 and you enter table name and refresh, the system compute a deviation, and if this deviation is greater than 50%, the system give you a message "statistics are obsolete" and to solve this, you have to compute/estimate the statistics. Hope this help you.

Regards,

Jade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please have a look to SAP Note 588668 - FAQ: Database statistics

Cheers,

-Sunil