cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why set channel in Automatically control without Availability Time Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I understand that we can set channels in Automatically control mode when we have specific time planning for the channels, but why I find some channels are set in Automatically mode without any Time Planning for them?

Such channels are configured for MDM and SOAP adapter as far as I met.

Could anyone suggest what is the meaning of Automatically control mode in such case? And if we change it to Manually, will anything get wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I understand that we can set channels in Automatically control mode when we have specific time planning for the channels, but why I find some channels are set in Automatically mode without any Time Planning for them?

If there is no availability time there will not be any difference if the channel is in "Manual" or "Automatic"

>>Could anyone suggest what is the meaning of Automatically control mode in such case? And if we change it to Manually, will anything get wrong?

if there is no any schedule you can set the channels to Manual..nothing wrong in it.

Regards,

Naveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting question!

Should have been a discussion

<but why I find some channels are set in Automatically mode without any Time Planning for them?>

For Sender adapters, this is as good as manual mode when channel is started and will follow the Poll interval set in ID.

For receiver adapters, this does not mean anything since message being sent is driven by source. I don't think the message will be persisted if we set ATP on a receiver adapter for a particular time.

Hope I was able to answer your question.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, you are also the correct answer!

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to help!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Could anyone suggest what is the meaning of Automatically control mode in such case? And if we change it to Manually, will anything get wrong?

There are three possible mode types available to control the channel

Manual means: You can manually control the channel using start or stop.  When you start it will be on until you say stop.

Automatic means  controlled by scheduled availability time.  You can set the schedule using availability times and accordingly the channel will start or stop. Example start the channel every day at 9 am and stop after 30 mins.

External means :  Controlled by external HTTP request.

Hope that helps.