cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start SAP Hana db?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As described in following link,

http://rbranger.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/using-hana-on-cloudshare-part-1-setup-connectivity/

I am able to connect to Hana DB with HANA studio.The status my HANA DB is in yellow. how can i turn it to green.

As mentioned in the blog. he was using Information design tool to create new relation HANA jdbc drivers. can i do perform that action using HANA studio.

please guide me, how can i turn my HANA DB to green status.is there any additional tool required to do so, please provide me the link..

please find the attachment to review.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

First try this.

Right click on your HANA instance in Navigator panel and choose Restart.  If does not work then try below.

We can create ODBC driver (I am not sure of JDBC driver) from the control panel but it is worth to give a try.

Go to Control Panel -> Administrators Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) - System DSN -> Add -> HDBODBC and provide Data Source Name.

Server:Port value is server_name:3xx15 where xx is the Instance number.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj,

i tried with the first option: restarting, it prompts me with username and password.Entered the username and password in the popup.

Following is the error:

[HDB hanasp5.vm.cld.sr 00 (SYSTEM)] Error on restarting system

[SOAP-ENV:Server] Invalid Credentials

but i am entering the right username and password. Any have i am mentioning my system details.

installed Hana client & studio in my desktop and trying to connect the studio with the cloud link that i was provided after successfully creating my account.

i am able to get the details of HANA studio as mentioned in this blog

http://rbranger.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/using-hana-on-cloudshare-part-1-setup-connectivity/

and tried to create odbc connections as you mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chowdary,

You are workting for SAP HANA developer perspective base on your screen, so could you check DB connection status in administrator or modelor perspective?

if it is still yellow, could you check detail log information?

Regards

Jerry