Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring URL Link

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a request to monitor URL (https://FQDN/....html) from solution manager.

i tried to monitor it using Solution manager technical monitoring via Data collector: SAP Http ping generic but it dosent work and gives error that HOST_NAME is not maintained. It seems  Data collector collects this data automatically from MAI and manually maintaining data dosent work.

I need to know whether i can achieve this from Interface channel monitoring or any other way..? And also i need to send email alert for the same.

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Unfortunately with new MAI monitoring all the data providers that would allow a TCP or HTTP Ping are always related to a managed system. Furthermore the HTTP is carried out locally from the Diag Agent to the Managed System. Meaning the System actually checks the connection locally to itself and then sends the result to SolMan. Which in my opinion is total nonsense if you want to check a remote URL availability.

In my opinion the best way to get a decent integration is as follows:

1. Create an RFC connection of type HTTP in your SolMan (SM59) that points to your URL.

2. In the template that is assigned to your SolMan, create a metric of category availability with data collector type "RFC (Pull)" and data collector  "HTTP connectivity check" or "RFC connectivity check". Threshold "Already Rated"

Here's an example how I check the remote SLD availabiliy from SolMan.

3. Create an alert and assign the metric to it.

4. Reactivate the monitoring for the managed system, which in this case is SolMan itself.

Disadvantages:

• You have to create a new RFC for every URL you want to monitor.
  • Also for whatever reason SAP decided from SP11 that for this datacollector the customers own datacollection interval is 1 hour, thus you have to stick with SAP standard which is 5 minutes.
  • Your template becomes specific to this managed system (SolMan) because that's where you created the RFC.

Hope this helps

Greetings

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can try with interface monitoring align with BPMon.check out, like normal PI Channel Monitoring.

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000300442008E/IFMon_Capabilities.pdf

Also other posiblities using GRMC in older ways http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6d/6fe040852f712ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks

Jansi

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rohan,

Is it a SAP Java URL or generic URL? You can use the Availability Monitoring functionality of Tech Mon to achieve this. Have you performed Managed System Config. for EP/Java stack correctly?

Regards,

Vivek

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its not a Java URL. Its company's internal URL i.e. any website. I want to monitor if that Website is accessible. Managed System Config is completed successfully.