Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambiguous Object path

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see this error while creating Predefined conditions. Here is my syntax

@Select(PRODUCT\PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU) IN @Prompt('Enter values for PRODUCT Code','A','PRODUCT\PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU',Multi,Free) or 'ALL' IN @Prompt('Enter values for PRODUCT Code','A','PRODUCT\PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU',Multi,Free)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RUC,

Try using the below, for objects under subclasses, inner class refer shoud do to identify the object when referring it for LOV.

@Select(PRODUCT\PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU) IN @Prompt('Enter values for PRODUCT Code','A','PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU',Multi,Free)

OR

'ALL' = @Prompt('Enter values for PRODUCT Code','A','PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU',Multi,Free)

If above logic still throws same error Correct the @select part by selecting the object from the SQL window, so that it generates right @select.

Hope you are appending the 'ALL' value in the LOV of GU object using Edit LOV and updating query Union of 'ALL'.

Thanks

Mallik

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mallik,

I still get the same error even after referring to inner class.

If above logic still throws same error Correct the @select part by selecting the object from the SQL window, so that it generates right @select.

Issue is still the same with SQL field.

Can some one explain me why I see that error ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RUC,

I have tested the below syntax and it should work fine. One more note do not try to name the predefined condition object exactly same as existing object/class name. (Ex: in this case don't name condition object as GU or PORTION TO PRODUCT)

@Select(PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU) IN @Prompt('Enter values for PRODUCT Code','A','PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU',Multi,Free)

OR

'ALL' IN @Prompt('Enter values for PRODUCT Code','A','PORTION TO PRODUCT\GU',Multi,Free)

Refer to the below Note

1806196 - Checking integrity from Information Design Tool shows an error parsing expression: ambiguous object path

Thanks

Mallik

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I got resolved but looks like it is a bug.

Object name and filter name should not be same, So I used space.