cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM General Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on building a multi-sheet workbook within Excel using the EPM Add-in for BPC.  My main sheet is working fine.  I built a simple input form on another sheet, and when I try to Save Data, I get the Following error:

EPM General Error: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.

The main sheet does have a good amount of code and macros just fyi.  I do now know what it means and was unable to find a result online.  Anyone have a way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

try by clicking on "Clear Metadata Cache" button.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the input.  I discovered the issue was happening when I tried to Save data from Sheet 2 and it was running the code applied to Sheet 1.  I fixed it by adding a statement to Exit the Function if the Active sheet was sheet 2.  It appears to be working fine now.  Thanks again for your input.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunny_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends..!

I m on EPM SP 14 ,

While working on EPM Excel ,Trying

1. Open--> Open server root folder and Selecting the report format .

2. Displaying Format Report Structure Fields.

3. In the Report Fields given Data and trying "Save data" , ICON

I would like to Manually load the data in fields and  need to store those fields (Data) .

Immediately throwing  "There is no data to save  " .

So Pl can guide for me how to over come this Issue.

Regards

Sasi

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sean,

Their is a alot stability related issues with EPM v10 prior to SP13.   I would very recommend using Office 2010 with EPM v10 + SP13 or better for stability.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,  I am on Office 2010, v10 SP 13.  When I first logged in this morning, the error did not appear when I first testing saving data.  It just popped again when tryign to submit on Sheet 2, and now nothing will submit, so It appears to be something around the second sheet.  Thanks for the input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean

When you create new sheet (main sheet not open) does it work ok ?

If yes check what is written in VBA macro under event save_data in main sheet.

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jack,

I did some further testing on different input forms in the EPM and I get the same error, with or without Macros.  I am beginning to think it could be something with BW.  I will ask our team.

Thanks,

Sean

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

check in the Log.glf and Trace.glf files and share the error messages.

Kind regards

Roberto